Admittedly a fussy, odd question about black interior - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech > Convertible Tech
Reload this Page >

Admittedly a fussy, odd question about black interior

Notices
Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admittedly a fussy, odd question about black interior

Old 12-02-2018, 12:51 AM
Soos

Default Admittedly a fussy, odd question about black interior

We are looking at ordering a 2019 Mustang convertible, however, we live in AZ and I am concerned about black seats. There is an interior color called Ceramic, but I am not thinking it would look too good in a Mustang.
Does anyone have any experience with a black interior? Is it an issue? Are there reasonably good looking seat covers that would help mitigate the issue?
i really wish they hadn't done away with the tan roof and tan interior 😕

thanks for any insight...
Old 12-02-2018, 01:44 AM
08'MustangDude
4th Gear Member

You can get nice leatherette TAN seat covers, for a price, but anything
is possible. You can even take the seats out, take the factory covers
off and put something else on from another year that would be to your
liking.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:06 AM
David Young
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soos View Post
We are looking at ordering a 2019 Mustang convertible, however, we live in AZ and I am concerned about black seats. There is an interior color called Ceramic, but I am not thinking it would look too good in a Mustang.
Does anyone have any experience with a black interior? Is it an issue? Are there reasonably good looking seat covers that would help mitigate the issue?
i really wish they hadn't done away with the tan roof and tan interior 😕

thanks for any insight...
Be sure to order, 'remote start'. That way you can start your Mustang and let it run for a few minutes to cool it down inside. I have remote start on my Mustang and our Ford Edge, well worth the 3 or so hundred dollar option
Old 12-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Soos

Thanks for the responses! I think we might rent one for a week and see how we feel about black seats ����
Old 12-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Derf00
6th Gear Member

I would not do black leather in AZ, especially a vert. Cloth maybe but not leather. You'll be sticking to the seat like a cheap leather sofa on a humid day. Even if the seats are cooled the cooling doesn't usually cover ever square inch of contact surface.

And renting it during the winter is not a good way to judge. Renting it during a 110F day and creeping through traffic during the evening rush hour is the best way or, hopping in the car after its been in the sun all day on that same 110F day.

Nope, even leather is questionable. My 08 has a camel/tan interior with leather seats. In the middle of the summer, I hate it. Takes 10-15 minutes for everything to cool down enough to be comfortable.

No issue with my wife or daughters dark gray/black cloth seats in a 2013 vw turbo beetle and 2017 ford escape.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Soos

Thanks for the reply...
we wont' be using it in the summer, only in the winter and shoulder months. We get out of the desert heat in the summer!i am definitely not happy about black interior but its really the only option available and I havent seen a newish one for sale with the tan interior. I want to see what the ceramic interior looks like, but it looks almost white and that will bring its own issues.

Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
I would not do black leather in AZ, especially a vert. Cloth maybe but not leather. You'll be sticking to the seat like a cheap leather sofa on a humid day. Even if the seats are cooled the cooling doesn't usually cover ever square inch of contact surface.

And renting it during the winter is not a good way to judge. Renting it during a 110F day and creeping through traffic during the evening rush hour is the best way or, hopping in the car after its been in the sun all day on that same 110F day.

Nope, even leather is questionable. My 08 has a camel/tan interior with leather seats. In the middle of the summer, I hate it. Takes 10-15 minutes for everything to cool down enough to be comfortable.

No issue with my wife or daughters dark gray/black cloth seats in a 2013 vw turbo beetle and 2017 ford escape.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soos View Post
Thanks for the reply...
we wont' be using it in the summer, only in the winter and shoulder months. We get out of the desert heat in the summer!i am definitely not happy about black interior but its really the only option available and I havent seen a newish one for sale with the tan interior. I want to see what the ceramic interior looks like, but it looks almost white and that will bring its own issues.

Ohhh..you're a snowbird.....

Black should be find then for all other seasons.

Tan interior is on the older generation. I think they discontinued it after 2009 or 2010. Mine is a 2008.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Tint your windows and use one of those folding windshield shades when the car is parked. Don't wear short shorts, lol. Leather is leather, it all gets hot and will burn the sheet out of you if you leave it exposed to direct sunlight.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

DARK tint and when parked lightly crack the windows to let that super heat out.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Soos

Default Ah well

They wouldn’t let me order the ceramic interior with the premium package so Ebony it is. Car arrives in March 😍