Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Detailing 101: Common Question and Answers, What and Where to buy stuff + Technique

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Felstang

Default RE: Detailing 101: Common Question and Answers, What and Where to buy stuff + Technique

I've been looking for this kind of thing for a long time. Any thoughts on road tar and bug removal? They redid the strip outside of my work and it has beads of tar everywhere.

I wash as soon as I can, but there are times that the tar has been on the bottom for a while, or bugs on the grill/bumper/hood.

Also, would your tar-removal recommendations also apply to tire-burnout rubber on your rear 1/4 panel?

Thanks, and excellent article!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Felstang

Default RE: Detailing 101: Common Question and Answers, What and Where to buy stuff + Technique

It appears that you both are on the same page if you read through the article. Would you, as a professional detailer, care to comment about the other instructions that need to be reconsidered? New stang owners would want this info to be correct.

I sure as hell can't tell... I want a rock-ding cleanup kit that works and is as close to perfect as possible. So is the vendor that the contributor suggests a good vendor with a good product? Tell us how.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:01 PM
DEVILSTANG

hey i just got into the forums, nways i currently own a red 1990 ford Mustang 5.0 V8 ill post up sum pics later but i really wanna start building this baby up so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where i should start and what to buy? i really need help!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Devil- you should check out my website for some excellent products. www.obsessivedetail.com Many members on here use my products and have been really happy with them. Let me know if you have any product questions. I will be glad to help!

Justin
Old 02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
1999 GT
3rd Gear Member

buy some Ardex vinyl detailer for tire dressing....works great...extremely glossy shine and lasts the longest
Old 03-23-2008, 12:12 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I TOTALLY agree with the O/P's tutorial on car washing. Using 3 dedicated buckets, mits, and his method of pre-misting any car part, front to back wash motion, mit rinsing, ......his techniques is flawless......****....but completely necessary for a better-than-showroom shine.

This thread taught me how to properly wash/dry/clay/polish out swirls, and wax a car. In that order......

These are the 101 commandments of exterior car-care......but he didn't mention masking black trim pieces......

I only disagreed with 1 thing the Original poster stated....
You CAN get better-than-showroom results with OTHER random orbital polishers and products, but I think the O/P was going with what works for him personally. Admittedly, he was considering the availibility of his random orbital polisher and products in Canada and the U.S.

All Around, this is a great thread for anyone that cares for their car.

I personally use products from

http://www.griotsgarage.com/
(I'm not a rep) Just a happy customer.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
dde334

I have a friend that is starting a buisness for brake caliper covers. Right now, he is making covers for only the '05 Mustangs, but he is working on getting the older models into production.
He has a blog for updates on model production: http://brakeshields.blogspot.com
And the main website is: http://www.calipercovers.net
Old 07-23-2008, 02:38 PM
prospero

great post, thanks, you've saved me a lot of time with these tips!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:41 AM
limitedex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue
That would require people actually READING the stickies I agree though, this should be stickied just in case we get a stray sticky reader.
I'm a sticky reader!

Great info David.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
navyboy88

Default smoking my tail lights

hey... im new to the forums, and ive been wanting to smoke my tail lights for a long time but have no real clue on the best way to do it. i do know that i hate the smoked tail light covers, because they cover the entire tail light piece. i want to simply smoke the vertical brake lights themselves (to keep the distinctive mustang look). i'd appreciate any advice from anyone who is willing to give it, Thanks

Quick Reply: Detailing 101: Common Question and Answers, What and Where to buy stuff + Technique