Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

what's your wax of choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Default RE: what's your wax of choice

ORIGINAL: buster

My secret is 3M paste wax sealed with Nu Finish. I know its not the most expensive finish around but it works
Evidently wax/polish does not have to be expensive to be good. Consumers report did a test on these products in all price ranges. What they found was that Turtle Wax (of all things) at $4.00 a can performed as well or better than waxes/polishes costing as much as $50.00. This was in shine as well as durability. They wax/polish car doors & then put them on the roof of the building to sit in the elements to see how well the products last/perform. Car wax brands aresubjective like like brands of motor oil & booze. If someone likes Zaino, or Klasse, or any of the higher price brands- Their minds are not going to be changed by a test by someone like CR.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenv

My secret is 3M paste wax sealed with Nu Finish. I know its not the most expensive finish around but it works
Evidently wax/polish does not have to be expensive to be good. Consumers report did a test on these products in all price ranges. What they found was that Turtle Wax (of all things) at $4.00 a can performed as well or better than waxes/polishes costing as much as $50.00. This was in shine as well as durability. They wax/polish car doors & then put them on the roof of the building to sit in the elements to see how well the products last/perform. Car wax brands are subjective like like brands of motor oil & booze. If someone likes Zaino, or Klasse, or any of the higher price brands- Their minds are not going to be changed by a test by someone like CR.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenv

Evidently wax/polish does not have to be expensive to be good. Consumers report did a test on these products in all price ranges. What they found was that Turtle Wax (of all things) at $4.00 a can performed as well or better than waxes/polishes costing as much as $50.00. This was in shine as well as durability. They wax/polish car doors & then put them on the roof of the building to sit in the elements to see how well the products last/perform. Car wax brands aresubjective like like brands of motor oil & booze. If someone likes Zaino, or Klasse, or any of the higher price brands- Their minds are not going to be changed by a test by someone like CR.
Of course, if that's the report I'm thinking of, they didn't test all of the major consumer retailer brands, so consider that before thinking Turtle Wax is quality.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
ZAXJAX
3rd Gear Member

Pinnacle Souveran
Collinite 476 & 645
P21S
Meguiar's #26
Old 02-22-2008, 07:26 PM
nqzxphlm

Hey Everyone. I am new to the forum so this is my first posting. As for my wax of choice...I use Z Best Wax. I got it when I went to a car show in Los Angeles and have been hooked ever since. They have some other good products as well. Speaking of which I need to go place an order