Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Product Review: Eco Touch Tire Shine

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Default Product Review: Eco Touch Tire Shine

Every Sunday I pull out the radio, put on my swim trunks, and wash the car. Being that I live in Florida, this is possible year round.

With every wash I try and put a new product to the test. Whether it's a tire shine, trim dressing, dash protectant, or even the newest air freshener - I test it out.

This week I decided to put the Eco Touch Tire Shine to the test. I usually apply a tire dressing every other week and my go-to products for the last year have been Optimum Opti-Bond and DP Gloss Tire Gel, depending on the look I'm going for. The Opti-Bond and the DP hold up fairly well and I usually have no problem getting two weeks out of either product, rain or shine, and I put 400+ miles a week on the car.

If you're not familiar with Eco Touch Car Care, they manufacture a line of premium car care products that are safe for the environment. I met the Eco Touch crew at this year's Detail Fest and they have a true passion for producing exceptional car care products that are eco-friendly.

Eco Touch Tire Shine is available in a 16oz and a gallon size refill. Unlike most tire dressings that simply make the tire look wet and glossy on the outside, Eco Touch Tire Shine is formulated with plant-based emollients and waxes that hydrate the tire while producing a natural, low gloss finish that dries to the touch.

Here is how the tires look after being washed and scrubbed with Amazing Roll off and a stiff scrub brush. Amazing Roll Off works great at removing old tire dressings.

I applied a thin, even coat of the Tire Shine with a Cobra Tire Dressing Applicator. First thing I noticed is how easy it is to apply and how a little bit of product goes a long way. In terms of consistency and ease of use, it's comparable to Opti-Bond and DP Gloss Tire Gel.

After a thin, even coat was applied here is the end result...

Shortly after applying the Tire Shine on all four tires, I grabbed a couple pictures of how it looks on the opposite side of the car, which was in direct sunlight.

Overall I am very impressed with the product's ease of use and the look that it provides. Within five minutes of applying the dressing to each tire, it dried to the touch. About an hour after applying it I went for a drive and there was no sling off.

If the Eco Touch Tire Shine lasts as long as the Opti-Bond and the DP, it looks like I'll have another tire dressing to choose from every other Sunday.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Update: The first picture was taken yesterday, a week after initial application and the second picture was taken this morning to show the water beading.

The thread will be updated again in one week!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Update: 2 weeks after initial application, 1000+ miles later and 2 heavy rain storms.