Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

How do each of you deal with scratches, dents and chips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default How do each of you deal with scratches, dents and chips?

Found a few small chips on my bumper and was wondering how people deal with them? Do you just wait till it gets to be very noticeable and then just repaint the whole gosh-darn thing? Sigh....it's impossible to keep a daily driver perfect! [&o][&o][&o][&o]
Old 04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How do each of you deal with scrathes, dents and chips?

I cry and then try not to look at them everyday I get in my car. You are correct its next to impossible to keep a daily driver pristine. Down the road she will need a new coat of paint.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

i get mad then i use touch up paint. been luck only got 3 dings in the paint last year. but i had to do a windsheild to, and a fog light in my airdam
Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

I eat the liver of whomever did it......
Old 04-26-2007, 03:26 PM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I am thinking about trying one of those touch up guys. A friend of mine has a car detailing bussiness and he uses a guy to fix up carswith chips and small dents. He says this guy is good and you can't tell it was there when he is done. I have a few on mine right now, but I though I would wait until I get a few more to make it worth my wild. I still hate to see them and to me they stick out like a sore thumb, but most people don't even notice them.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

if it's really noticeable i use touch up paint. i actually have 2 tiny scratches on my trunk. but it's barely noticeable, i can live with it.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

I usually stomp my feet over and over and scream like a 3 year old girl. Then I take a deep breath and remember that I still have all of my fingers toes and *********. And try not to sweat the small stuff.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rattsj

I usually stomp my feet over and over and scream like a 3 year old girl. Then I take a deep breath and remember that I still have all of my fingers toes and *********. And try not to sweat the small stuff.
LOL, I'm similar. I drive mine daily though so it is just going to happen. I've got a few on mine that I HATE but most people don't notice even.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

yup.. its a tough world whe you have a black car with white/gray primer... Everything shows. I knew this when i bought the car.. and don't worry about it. It's just a car.. I just do my best and keep it waxed.. no need to stress over things you can't control.

M.

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale

ORIGINAL: rattsj

LOL, I'm similar. I drive mine daily though so it is just going to happen. I've got a few on mine that I HATE but most people don't notice even.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:19 PM
NYWTMAI

Default RE: How do each of you deal with scratches, dents and chips?

I've tried a touch up pen that I ordered from the Internet and it's ok but for small scratches like the one I recently got I need to find something with a smaller tip or else the paint will go over the scratch and onto the rest of the paint. I recently found out that duplicolor made a scratch fix pen that has a small point almost like a ball point pen. The person who scratched my car is very lucky I didn't see him, I think I would still be punching him in the head and it's been almost two weeks since I got the scratch.

Quick Reply: How do each of you deal with scratches, dents and chips?