Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Cyber Wednesday BlackICE Sale! + FREE Shipping

Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Default Cyber Wednesday BlackICE Sale! + FREE Shipping

24 Hours Only - Cyber Wednesday BlackICE Sale!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Wax on sale for $99.99, regularly $150 and all orders over $75 ship for FREE!

As an added bonus if you purchase the BLACKFIRE BlackICE wax you will also receive the limited edition BLACKFIRE Grinch Christmas wax for FREE!

Sale ends midnight EST on 12/4

Click HERE to start shopping!

WARNING: The wax contained in this jar will turn heads and create WHIPLASH!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is a synthesis of German-sourced, color-charged montan wax and genuine Brazilian carnauba wax designed to bestow a dimension of gloss on black and dark colors that mimics the appearance of wet paint. Signature Wet Diamond Polymers provide exceptional resistance to UV rays and environmental contamination. BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax will provide up to 5 months of paint protection on vehicles that have been properly clayed and polished first.

BLACKFIRE BlackIce Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is one of few waxes in the world that utilizes a high content of montan wax – a rare and costly wax sourced from Germany. Montan wax, when processed and refined, is known for its darkening characteristics on black and other dark colors. BLACKFIRE’s chemists pioneered a color-charging process to further enhance the paint-darkening effect of the montan wax formulated in BlackICE, creating what can only be described as mile-deep reflections on black and dark colored cars.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - Surface Prep

If your vehicle has never been clayed or if it has been more than six months, use BLACKFIRE Poly Clay II and Clay Lubricant to remove gloss-hindering above-surface contaminants.

Next, remove light imperfections and rid the paint of below-surface contaminants with BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. It is imperative that you clay and polish the vehicle for BlackICE to perform to its full potential, creating a liquid shine while providing winter-tough paint protection.

The vehicle I used for this article didn't need to be clayed (it passed the "baggy test") so I went straight to BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is non-abrasive and is designed for vehicles that are in relatively good shape. It does have the ability to fill light swirl marks and other imperfections.

My applicator of choice was an Indigo Microfiber Applicator. This applicator features a tightly knit flat weave, making it ideal for polishing by hand. If I were to apply Gloss Enhancing Polish by machine, I would use a polishing pad.

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is effortlessly removed with a Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel - one of my personal favorites. This towel, when paired with a quality microfiber detergent like BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer, will last years. It can be used to remove polish (semi-flat weave side) or for quick detail sprays and spray waxes (plush side).

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - Application

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax needs to be applied thin, thin, THIN. For best results, it should dry to a haze before being removed. You can machine-apply the wax using a soft foam finishing pad on your dual action polisher. I applied it by hand using one of the included black foam applicators.

Thin, Thin, THIN!

Once the wax has dried to a haze (about 10 minutes depending on temperature), buff it off to reveal mile-deep reflections.

If you have a black or dark colored vehicle and you want to take the shine to the next level, pick up a jar of BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax