Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Review: Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Default Review: Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating

The other day I was working on a 2011 Ford Mustang I decided it would be the perfect time to try the new Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating. Before applying the the tire coating the tire needed to be clean of the dirt and grime and any previous dressing. I decided to clean the tire with Four Star Ultimate Tire Cleaner this would be my first time using this product. Along with the Four Star Ultimate Tire Cleaner I used TUF SHINE Tire Brush. After I covered the tire with Four Star Ultimate Tire Cleaner I let it sit for about 30 seconds. When I was scrubbing the tire you could see all the brown the dirt that was coming off. Once the brown had stopped coming off the tire I rinsed it off leaving me with a fresh foundation to start with.

Before applying the Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating I let the wheel dry for about 20 minutes so that the water would not affect the bonding of the coating. Once the wheel was dry I came back out to apply the Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating I was a little skeptical that the aerosol can would leave overspray everywhere. Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating is a water & wear resistant coating that will not peel or crack over time. When spraying Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating I quickly that you have to apply it thin to get nice and even coverage and hold the can back about four inches away. If you looking to add more shine you can apply another layer on top of the existing one. I barely had any overspray on the wheels which wiped right off. The Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating will last over a month. Overall I was very impressed with how easy the application was for Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating and the Deep Glossy shine it left behind.If you have been looking to give your tires a wet look without the sling I suggest you try the Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating. Another great product from the Meguiars!

Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating

Four Star Ultimate Tire Cleaner Gel

TUF SHINE Tire Brush