Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

My First (Semi) Detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 07:34 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Default My First (Semi) Detail

So after spending some time over at MeguiarsOnline.com reading up on how I'm destroying my car, I went out and got some beginner detail gear.

I've decided to run with a waterless/rinseless procedure unless he's extra dirty. My plan is to use the Meg rinseless wash but couldn't find any local so I picked up the UWWA (White) for today. Took me about an hour and a half for wash and wax on external only and ran out of sunlight before I got to the wheels. Overall I'm very happy with the turnout.

Got a nice shine on it..

Old 04-12-2014, 08:21 PM
moosehead89

looks great.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:09 PM
RenGen
Banned

Great job, meguires is awesome. It's a shame this area is so quiet, detailing is one of the biggest joys of owning a nice car, but I guess most people are just too obsessed with Horsepower even though most roads only have a speed limit of 55. I'm a bit of a detail guru, and always looking for new ways to improve my technique, the shine you got there is Legit! I'm a huge fan of waterless wash, its way quicker and less messy. Some people spend HOURS detailing but it's amazing how you can cut the time and effort if you work smart.

If my car is really dirty then I go to a DIY and rinse with soap, then water, then a low pressure spot free rinse, and then bust out my Meguires stuff. APril sucks though because the day you wash it on a nice sunny day, it rains/snows the next day :/ thanks for this thread, it made me want to go wash my car today, I been feeling pretty unmotivated to do anything because I've been having quite a bad time. I will do some reading on the meg stuff as well.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM
RenGen
Banned

So what all did you do? you first use the ultimate wash to spot clean the car? then quik wax spot clean then quik detail spot clean?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:27 PM
RenGen
Banned

Honestly I pfrefer the ultimate wash over the rinseless wash, and even some Meg reps recommended it to me over the other. Since the ultimate is a wash+wax, you really don't need to go over the car with wax again - the ultimate wash is almost all i use lol and get a glass shine!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:30 PM
RenGen
Banned

you got me motivated to go, I'm gonna go to a DIY and rinse down like a boss, come home, use ultimate wash + tire shine, I use invisible glass + crumpled news paper for the windows. Wheels, I have black machined aluminum wheels and I don't like to mess with them, so I just rinse them with the water + soap in the DIY and they look great.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM
RenGen
Banned

sorry for all the posts, i cant edit to update and my mind is on full throttle reading this thread, but just wanted to add, the ultimate wash+wax anywhere is also good for glass, wheels, rubber/vinyl etc!! Its great!

please tell us what you did step by step,d id you just use teh ultimate wash+wax anywhere? or did you do UWAWA then quik wax then quik detail?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:01 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

mmmm yeah that looks sexy great work! I have been going nuts not having time to wash my baby. It must be done now after seeing this, now just to find a good 6 hours to spare....
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Cypress Stang

Looks great. Awesome job!!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Nice work. I keep a gallon of ONR handy for rinseless washes which I might be headed back to if I move into an apartment. For now I went ahead and got an electric pressure washer and use a foam gun with that.

Quick Reply: My First (Semi) Detail