Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Keeping it clean for more than an hour

Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Default Keeping it clean for more than an hour

It's the rainy(make that mini-monsoon)season here in Florida. I like to have the car detailed about once a month, but I can almost guarantee that on the way home from the car wash, I'm going to get caught in a torrential downpour and attract every piece of road crud like a star trek tractor beam. Is there anything out there that will keep it clean for more than a day with a minimum of effort? I'm starting to think about putting the body on a Raptor chassis and take it "muddin".
Old 06-08-2014, 07:52 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Callinectes
It's the rainy(make that mini-monsoon)season here in Florida. I like to have the car detailed about once a month, but I can almost guarantee that on the way home from the car wash, I'm going to get caught in a torrential downpour and attract every piece of road crud like a star trek tractor beam. Is there anything out there that will keep it clean for more than a day with a minimum of effort? I'm starting to think about putting the body on a Raptor chassis and take it "muddin".
Beyond leaving it in the garage...no.
There are plenty of products on the market that help seal your waxes and your finish, but there is nothing that can prevent dirt from "tractor beaming" onto your car. Even pollen here in NC wreaks havoc on a freshly washed car.
You'll just have to deal with this simple pain if it's your daily.

My suggestion would be to make sure the car is properly cleaned, waxed, polished and sealed to help minimize the effects of DD.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:54 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Be happy you didn't buy a black one. I'm is dirty before I'm done with the vacuum at the car wash
Old 06-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

try black...it's nigh on impossible to keep mint.
i garage mine mostly and wax it after every drive out...only way to keep it looking good dude
Old 06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Thank you all. Looks like something I have to live with, or I could move to some place with less rain, like Seattle!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:50 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Callinectes
Thank you all. Looks like something I have to live with, or I could move to some place with less rain, like Seattle!
Hey now...Seattle doesn't really get that much rain compared to every major city along the Gulf of Mexico...
But they do have a rain forest in Olympia (few hours outside Seattle) if you're interested! lol
Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

My pet peeve are bugs. I cannot stand having bugs on my car. I almost dread driving at night because I know when I get home I'll have 1 million corpses on my nose and windshield.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

do as i do.
dont drive it and just look at it..works for me and stays as new
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
do as i do.
dont drive it and just look at it..works for me and stays as new
LOL! and once a week you can sit in it, crank up your tunes, stick your arm out the window and pretend to be driving real fast!

Added effects if you have a shop fan to blow your hair back while sitting parked, doing nothing but lookin good!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Gas is expensive. Sometimes I'll just sit in my car in the garage and make "Vroom Vroooom" noises.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keeping it clean for more than an hour