Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Anyone from the Northeast Central FL area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 AM
CDR1979

I could do a meet in st Augustine but I can't drive my car I'm rewiring it so there isn't a dash are any thing in it at this time
Old 01-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Duggie

Just got back from a Daytona Beach Mustang Club outing at McKenna's Place, one of our sponsors . We lined up our Stangs 1965 thru 2014 outside and went in for some really good food. Approx. 30 plus members attended on this cold night. Two weeks from now we go to a private car museum Club Members only.
Come check us out on Feb. 4th at Gary Yeomans 7:00pm for the CHILI for CHARITY during our Club Meeting. This is for Charity so bring $5.00 with you. Hope to see you there . Feb. 15 2014 27th Annual Mustang & Ford Roundup At Waterford Lakes Town Center. There is a lot going on in our area as you can see. Be a Club Member you get all up coming events and for most we Pony Tail as a Club.
Hope to see those interested on Feb.4th
Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 AM
CDR1979

I haven't been on this site in a while there wasn't any activity I'm from jax and there is a new track that just opened in green cove springs which is just north of Augustine has any body been there yet
Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 AM
tonyj54

Default New Member Near Palatka

Hi, Mustangers. Just joined this forum, hoping to glean some info for bringing our '99 convertible back into sweetheart condition, and to meet up with others from the area. We're near Crescent City, and would like to get to know some other Mustang owners in the area for meet-ups, day trips, whatever.

Hope to hear from you.

tony and shirley
Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
FLGator

Tony and Shirley,

Welcome to the heard. How long have you had your 99 and what are your plans?

As for groups/clubs in the area - there are a number. Try "Goggling" "Florida Mustang Clubs". They are all around you. On the east coast from Jacksonville to Miami and then inland from Gainesville (an all car restoration/hot rod/muscle car group), Ocala, Inverness, Tampa, and Orlando.

The Mid Florida Mustang Club just had an "All Ford Powered Show" at Waterford Lakes this past weekend. Gainesville Street Rods is having a big show March 8th and the Imperial Mustangs of Polk County is having an "All Ford Powered Show" 5 Apr at Fantasy of Flight. If you want more info on any of this, please let me know. Got to get that 99 looking good.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
FLGator

CDR1979,

I know a number of folks from the Modern Mustangs of Jacksonville that have done the Green Cove Springs track and they have a lot of positive feedback. You can check out their forum at MMJAX.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:32 AM
tonyj54

Fl Gator,
We drive a black '99 35th Anniversary convertible that we've owned for about eight years. Nothing fancy (so far), just the 3.8L V6 Automatic, but we sure enjoy top-down days, which (to me, anyway), is just about any day that it's not raining. I discovered way back that the heater and A/C work when the top's down or up. Who knew? lol We live about eighteen miles South of Palatka, so we're kind of out of the way to points West(either have to go around Lake George or take the Fort Gates ferry, which is ALWAYS an adventure). So, Gainesville, Ocala and such require a bit of planning, but points East, South, or North are pretty easy to get to. We moved here from J-ville about 3-1/2 years ago to get out of the city, and love it out here. We don't live in any incorporated town limits, so things are pretty laid back.

As to the car, we're in the process of getting her back to beauty pageant, or parade, condition. New ragtop five years ago (guy in Jax does excellent work and doesn't rape you for money), and presently working on window issues with the rear quarter-windows on both sides. AAMOF, I'm waiting on temp to go up just a bit before going out to start again, which gave me time to jump on here for a bit.

Looking forward to getting to know more owners/enthusiasts. Possibly thinking of picking up an early 'Stang that's for sale near us to play with after I've finished fixing my F250's tranny problem.

Well, if you're ever in the area, Palatka does Third Friday block parties, Cruise-ins, etc for car-heads of all ilks, so give us a shout if you head this way, or we'll catch up somewhere else, maybe.

Be safe.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:00 AM
FLGator

Tony,

You also have the "Dancing in the Streets" cruise-in there in Palatka the 4th Saturday every month on St. Johns Ave.

Last edited by FLGator; 02-18-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:14 AM
CDR1979

Looks like we are getting some people on this site finally
Old 02-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Brets99

Hi all I am in Northport,Florida .....it would be real nice to hear from fellow mustang owners around here...lolol.....

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Northeast Central FL area?