Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

MF becoming too streamlined?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default RE: MF becoming too streamlined?

Birdie, I find that 9 times out of 10, I have a question about something and I get a Fox guy or a kid with a turbo 2.3 (sorry Jug) taking a guess. So I think that by having the suspension, exhaust, and power adders all in the appropriate engine category makes sense. At least you get people knowledgeable in that area.

Not that Fox guys don't know about 4.6's but I think it eliminates some of the guessing and bad info that people put out there.

See what I'm talking about?

Old 03-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I completely understand this point, but how will that keep people from posting about things they know nothing about? I understand a lot better now what the logic is here. I also understand no matter what changes are made, there will be some tension. Ok, let's see how it goes.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

I think it just makes the questions more model specific. Getting better answers and so forth. Just give it a shot and see how you like it for a little while.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:14 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I like the other way better. This is probally easier but still. And BTW what ever happened to the post restrictions. You know when we couldn't post two posts right after each other. This site is getting complicated.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Way too generalized. The logic doesn't make sense. You are making it more difficult to find a specific answer to a Q, especially for newbies.
I disagree competely. I know that personally, and from what I have seen quite a few other people, only post in a few select forums. I had never gone into suspension (in fact, I didn't even know it really existed) or the visual mods section until a few weeks ago. Even then, it makes it difficult to see all of the questions that someone has.

I would not attempt to answer most of the specific questions dealing with 5.0L or classic mustangs, as I do not own one, and do not work on one personally. Questions about these cars also do not interest me in the slightest (because once again, I do not own one).

I simply do not have the time to surf thru 10 different forums searching for answers or trying to help people find answers for their questions. It only makes since to ask a 4.6L guy about a 4.6, and a 5.0 guy about a 5.0

My 2 cents anyway.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

how will that keep people from posting about things they know nothing about?
Changing where posts are won't stop that, probably nothing will. As far as the restructure, it makes more sense. If something is too complex, alot of people will just skip it.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:03 AM
BOSSMAN

I miss the suspension section.....[&o]
Old 05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
birdman076
2nd Gear Member

You could cut down on the BS posting and erroneous answers to post by having people take a sort of credentials quiz. Maybe a rating system based on how they score on said quiz so that the people that post and get answers know what kind of background or knowledge the people answering have. This would be easy enough to set up, and if people didn't want to take the quiz then thier rating would reflect and thier answers or post would show their rating and people can then judge for themselves who's information they value or trust and who's they do not.

You can break the quiz up into sections or levels of knowledge and you would have to pass a certain score to be rated on that level. So if someone felt they were well versed in suspension then they take the suspension master quiz and pass or fail. If they pass they are rated as a suspension master, if not then they take the next lower quiz for certification or rating. Or something like that lol. I think it would give the forum as a whole more credibility and so on, lets face it, now knocking anyone but if you have a ton of post it could be you have no life, a long standing member, very knowledgeable, or just tossing out information for the sake of post whoring. Based on my experience here thus far I would say most people with high post count are knowledgeable and well versed.

Just some ideas....
Old 05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

For being the pain in the *** that you are....Thats really not a bad idea.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Too many cheaters in this world.

G00GLE + Test = Pass

Quick Reply: MF becoming too streamlined?