Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Mods to be required to own a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:57 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Default Mods to be required to own a Mustang?

In my opinion mods should be required to currently own a Mustang of some kind.
Having mods who own Camaros, T/A, Corvettes, Kia Sportages, etc. creates a biased atmosphere for posting pro-Mustang threads. I'm not going to name any names but more than one occasion I've seen posts by mods that are obviously based on Pro-Their car and Anti-Mustang.
Having normal members own different brands of cars is of course not a problem; since they hold only the ability the post.
But! Mods have numerous other powers a common user doe's not, and thus could result in a biased posting enviroment for users.

Athankyou,
Mustangcat
Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default RE: Mods to be required to own a Mustang?

Every mod, at one point, has owned a mustang.

If people get all bent out of shape from seeing another car in a mod's sig, they can just go somewhere else.

Having too many pro-mustang threads creates an atmosphere of dumbass ford fanboys. Diversity offers more benefits than demerits.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

I run many sites, and I dont own a vehicle that applies to every site.

Someones ability to make a good judgement has nothing to do with what type of vehicle they own. I visit plenty of sites that I do not run, and I see a great many members who mod/admin a site and they do not own the vehicle in question.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Ownership of a Mustang does not guarantee that the person will have good judgement. OMGosh, I could site so many examples of that it isn't funny.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: mustangcat

In my opinion mods should be required to currently own a Mustang of some kind.
Having mods who own Camaros, T/A, Corvettes, Kia Sportages, etc. creates a biased atmosphere for posting pro-Mustang threads. I'm not going to name any names but more than one occasion I've seen posts by mods that are obviously based on Pro-Their car and Anti-Mustang.
Having normal members own different brands of cars is of course not a problem; since they hold only the ability the post.
But! Mods have numerous other powers a common user doe's not, and thus could result in a biased posting enviroment for users.

Athankyou,
Mustangcat
[&:] The vehicle they own does not discount the knowledge they have to offer here. Your statement is just plain ingnorant!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

You know who makes especially bad judgement calls? people who are going to vote for obama...

I kid..I kid...

Perot for Presidente!

[8D]
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Haha Pat!

Hey PRO, I wouldn't say the OP is ignorant, but perhaps a bit naive. The members tend to not realize that the MF Staff are volunteer who were picked from the ranks because they were level headed and contributed to the forum (at least that's the case MOST of the time). And just because a Section Moderator doesn't have a Mustang in his signature doesn't mean he doesn't own a Mustang (or did at one time).
Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 PM
mustangcat

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

Someones ability to make a good judgement has nothing to do with what type of vehicle they own. I visit plenty of sites that I do not run, and I see a great many members who mod/admin a site and they do not own the vehicle in question.
It's natural for someone to want to represent what they own when it's under attack by a competitor.

Black & Decker vs. Craftsman
LCD vs. Plasma
Toshiba vs. Sony
Ford vs. Chevy
Obama vs. McCain*cough*

Etc.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

It's natural for someone to want to represent what they own when it's under attack by a competitor.

LCD vs. Plasma
Toshiba vs. Sony
Ford vs. Chevy
Obama vs. McCain*cough*

Etc.
I own more than one brand of tools.
I own several brands of TV.
I own several brands of cars.

People who argue on the behalf of their make or model, even when they are wrong (which is what you seem to be describing) makes them a fanboy, and fanboys are morons.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:33 PM
mustangcat

LCD vs. Plasma
Toshiba vs. Sony
Ford vs. Chevy
Obama vs. McCain*cough*

Etc.
I own more than one brand of tools.
I own several brands of TV.
I own several brands of cars.

People who argue on the behalf of their make or model, even when they are wrong (which is what you seem to be describing) makes them a fanboy, and fanboys are morons.
That's my point. Fanboys are bad. And when Fanboys are given power they use it.
Not to mention some of your mods going straight to insults instead of providing an arguement agaisnt my case.[:@]

Quick Reply: Mods to be required to own a Mustang?