MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Issues and Feedback (https://mustangforums.com/forum/forum-issues-and-feedback-9/)
-   -   Why can't I post in certain sections? Are you a new member? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/forum-issues-and-feedback/483203-why-cant-i-post-in-certain-sections-are-you-a-new-member.html)

Demon 340 09-18-2008 11:42 AM

Why can't I post in certain sections? Are you a new member?

We have implemented a new layout here, and part of that is our new member system. We had been having a problem with trolls plaguing our street & strip, off topic, and classified areas, so we now require a new member to spend 30 days and make 50 posts here on MF before you will have access to the aforementioned sections. Once you have been here for 30 days and have made 50 posts, you will have full access to the site.

While this may seem unusual, as you spend time here on MF, you will see the benefit of doing this to help keep trash and trolls off the forum.

Thank you for your time.

Chevelle Man 09-20-2008 08:21 AM

We call them lurkers over at Team Chevelle... anyway this is # 46... 4 to go:D

BOOSTED92GT 09-24-2008 02:35 AM

ahh good thing i found this thread...

gt_500 09-24-2008 03:02 AM

I am also new on the site, and more of a reader, I have 2 blower systems i am looking to sell, along with possibly more parts and piece, but i dont just wnat to rack up spam posts in order to be able to add it to the classified section, any way around this?

99GTvert 09-24-2008 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by fjohnson;5480135[B
]noboby answers members problems.[/B] Still can't post attachments after two 1/2 years in this forum. I have my +50 posts. Better get fixed or screw this forum.

That's right, and all the threads below this one with replies from moderators are just nothing at all, are they?

grindman620 09-27-2008 11:46 AM

............I have also noticed that we are "banned" from looking at attached images as well?
:(

bwkelley76 09-27-2008 07:31 PM

30 days? Glad I looked here I guess. ..Ideas

Originally Posted by Ride Of The Month (Post 5459095)
we now require a new member to spend 30 days and make 50 posts here on MF before you will have access to the aforementioned sections. Once you have been here for 30 days and have made 50 posts, you will have full access to the site.

It would help if the Classified forum rules stated the 30-days part. Currently it only mentions the 50 posts and that's it.

I appreciate the goal here, and it's unfortunate that scammers have taken away the rights of the honest to post at will. I just bought a 65 coupe that needs a TON of parts and I was going to post a want ad for the specifics that I needed. I think you guys might be pullin the reigns a bit tight here on the 30 days but I do understand the 50 posts part.

I really would like to get this thing on the road and I trust Forums way more than eBay.

A few ideas, I've yet to see a regional classifieds forum on any boards. That would be an awesome idea. Some forums ask for a membership fee before you can post, but allow you to post immediately upon payment. I wonder if that would work. example, "Pay $10 if you want to post a classified now or wait X-amount of time and posts" ..then it's free if you wait. This would give the sight some money and ward off scammers.

grindman620 09-28-2008 12:47 AM

+1 for the regional classifieds forum section.

edgespeeder06 10-09-2008 11:14 AM

this kinda sucks, i lurk around several forums and for me to be so active and make 50 posts and wait 30 days so i can get some tech help on my car sucks :-( I've been around here for a long time.

koolkat13838 10-14-2008 11:45 PM

wow this sucks, I have been around a few months, but as a student, it is hard to get on and make 50 post just to post a thread in the off topic section or about the pink civic that got dusted by some guy in a f150 at a light (will tell this story after 50 post)