Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Can't attach pictures to posts

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 04:56 PM
06Driver

Default Can't attach pictures to posts

I'm not allowed to post attachments in my notes...any ideas what is wrong? The "posting rules" box indicates I may not post attachments...?? I used to be able to.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06Driver
I'm not allowed to post attachments in my notes...any ideas what is wrong? The "posting rules" box indicates I may not post attachments...?? I used to be able to.
Recently the administrators restricted access to parts/features of this site to members with 50+ posts. This was in effort to reduce scams and spam to say the least. It is my best guess to say they enacted a 50 post limit on attaching pictures also.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

WTF, This is not right. I participate in the forum and many people dis you when you don't post pictures. I have been involved in several posts recently and still can not figure out how to post a picture, this sucks. I guess I'll start visiting another forum and post there. I'm guessing the new format hasn't been very well received by others given the difficulty on how to navigate the site, including posting pics. The internet is visual and people want to see pictures of what you are discussing. AGAIN, THIS SUCKS A BIG ONE!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Ever open up an attachment from a newbie to only discover its a virus? Yeah, that **** sucks.

06Driver, you can go to photobucket.com or imageshack.com and create an account (its very simple) and just upload images from your PC onto there, then just simply link the URL from there to here by clicking on the image button and pasting in the URL.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by 99GTvert

06Driver, you can go to photobucket.com or imageshack.com and create an account (its very simple) and just upload images from your PC onto there, then just simply link the URL from there to here by clicking on the image button and pasting in the URL.
That is what I do. The forum has the messed up pic size upload limit so I just use the [img][/img] links.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by BeeStang
WTF, This is not right. I participate in the forum and many people dis you when you don't post pictures. I have been involved in several posts recently and still can not figure out how to post a picture, this sucks. I guess I'll start visiting another forum and post there. I'm guessing the new format hasn't been very well received by others given the difficulty on how to navigate the site, including posting pics. The internet is visual and people want to see pictures of what you are discussing. AGAIN, THIS SUCKS A BIG ONE!!!!
No, cant say many people complain at all. As stated, use photobucket, imageshack etc which make it much easier seeing the pictures anyway!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:40 PM
06Driver

Hey, thanks for the info...sounds like a workable solution. I'm testing with this post....

Old 01-02-2009, 12:23 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

OK, I figured it out! Damn, This site sucks when it comes to posting instructions, no thanks to the moderators. Thanks guys, I figured it out from a fellow poster. The key is clicking on the 'Advance' link at the bottom of the first layer when posting a new message or reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll down and there is a link for managing attachments.

Last edited by BeeStang; 01-02-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: who fricking cares!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:47 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

OK, I figured it out! Damn, This site sucks when it comes to posting instructions, no thanks to the moderators. Thanks guys, I figured it out from a fellow poster. The key is clicking on the 'Advance' link at the bottom of the first layer when posting a new message or reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's that supposed to mean?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

What did they do?

And if you want to go to another forum, then go. Nobody's sitting here crying because you're thinking about leaving for some stupid reason, which you're not even elaborating on. If you have some feedback, positive or negative, you want to give about the forum, then make a thread and tell us. This isn't a place to rant.

Quick Reply: Can't attach pictures to posts