Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Off topic area won't let me post

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Default Off topic area won't let me post

Well when moderators were away, people were bashing v6es like crazy on here and others were talking about doing trade ins for GT's. They made me effectively hate my car. I own a 2006 with under 26k miles on it and I'm just stuck with it. it has got to the point where my family doesn't want to talk to me about cars any more, I have gone to therapy over it also. There's nothing that I can do now, I am stuck with this V6 and I have to live with it. Thanks a lot guys, I enjoyed the car for about a year during the while pretending I had a V8. If I was smart, I would've taken the plunge for $2200/year auto insurance for a GT with 7.9% or whatever wacky APR they had at the time instead of $1600/yr insurance and 0% apr on the V6 and I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Oh and yeah my car does have that dash rattle problem that probably every V6 has and I don't want the dealers fiddling with the thing any more. I found they put caulk on one of the side plastics to try to eliminate it and that wasn't even where the noise was coming from. It actually popped out the plastic a bit so I cleaned it all up and put it back together. Other than that it seems to be a pretty reliable car, but that's sure since it isn't very old anyways.

This car is probably one of the worst decisions I've made in my entire life. I wish I was smart and got a GT.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:32 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

well since u have no self esteem u might as well just cut ur wrists and jump off a bridge to finish the process...

Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

This has got to be a joke...
Old 01-21-2009, 02:09 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by basketballord
This has got to be a joke...
I wish it was. Off topic board still won't let me create topics there, that is where this is suppose to go.

No self esteem? What does that have to do with anything. The GT is a faster car period. It has nothing at all to do with lack of self esteem. You want someone to slash their wrists, maybe you should check into the mental ward. I don't wish harm upon others.

Anyhow this car has caused me a lot of trouble, what a nightmare.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:40 AM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

+1 no self esteem..

who cares if the GT is a faster car? we all know that. we are 6ers, we are not in the same ring as the GTs stock for stock. however, throw some money down and you can keep up with, if not rip the crap out of some GTs out there. in the end, your car is still a Mustang. why allow anyone to put you down for that? if a GT is what you wanted in the first place you should've just bought that.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

You've gotta be kidding me. I'm going to have to take a guess that you are young, probably high school?

You have gone to therapy over it? over your car? if your car is bringing you that much stress, sell the damn thing and drive something that makes you blend in.

And yes it does sound like a self esteem issue. You aren't secure enough with yourself to handle people jabbing your ribs about it being a 6. You take the harassment about your car like they are harassing you. Fact is that you have a nicer car than most people on the road.

Last edited by basketballord; 01-21-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

So if your family and friends don't want to talk to you about cars, my question is, what kind of cars do they drive? Most of the time when people cut down or talk crap about our sixxers is because they drive ricers!
We ALL get flack from people over our 4.0s but I have learned to ignore it.
The owner of the shop that installed my duals DROOLED over my car and went out and bought him a GT. Now he says he wouldn't own or buy a V6 which I find as a hypocritical statement as he owns a FOCUS too!

If you are that unhappy with your car and it is causing that much grief, SELL IT!

Just because it has a 4.0 doesn't mean it's not a Mustang!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

why stop at a GT? It is soo slow compared to a cobra or shelby or bullitt or supersnake. Dont you realize that the GT is in fact the second slowest mustang in the lineup?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:58 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I'm not even gonna bother responding to your V6 issues.

Taking this thread at face value (ie the thread title), I moved this to the Forum Issues Section. You cannot post in OT because you have been inactive for 7 months. Even though you have more than 50 posts, they're old posts and the system doesn't recognize them for your section permissions. Become more active and you will have full access again.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

put down the hash pipe and don't get rid of the car your mom and pop bought for you. most of the people in this world hear words like: automatic, V6, convertible, etc. and instantly bash it. cheer up charlie

Quick Reply: Off topic area won't let me post