Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

O/T is getting out of hand and the mods are encouraging it

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default O/T is getting out of hand and the mods are encouraging it

Everytime a thread gets moved to the O/T section immediatly people see how many times they can make fun of the S197 owners, S197 Tech, and anyone who tries to defend them. The moderators are now encouraging the users by also posting similiar messages in these threads. I think it is ruining the harmony of the forums and gives mustangforums a bad image. It has recently made one person say they are leaving the forums for one that isn't so negative I'm sure there are others who have left with out saying anything. I believe it's a violation of the rule of platform bashing and always generates a flame war.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

+1

The sticky in that subforum has rules and they are a complete joke over there.

To be fair I haven't exactly been tactful in some of my remarks. My only excuse, perhaps a poor one, is that my smart-*** responses were provoked by others.

Last edited by Riptide; 04-08-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Mustangdemon67
4th Gear Member

well.. alot of the members are under 18 i think. dont let em get you you
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 AM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

O/T has always been that way, and should always be. The main forums are a very serious(mostly) car enthusiast area. O/T gives people, such as myself, a place to unwind and joke around. The mods in O/T are doing a fantastic job in my opinion, they joke around like the rest of us, but when something goe's wrong or someone gets offended they handle it in a professional manner.

Last edited by mustangcat; 04-08-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 AM
ky
America ftw

oooohhhhh waaaaaaaahhhhhh

someone on the internet said people that own the same cars as i are stoopiddddd!!!

cmon mishri, get over it. are you really gonna go whine over hardly an insult?

if you dont like OT, then why go in there? why dont you complain to the s197 section mods and ask them to make a OT sub section in there.

i know the guys in the classic section did. and they got what they asked for. no whining coming out of them.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

well.. alot of the members are under 18 i think. dont let em get you you
And alot of people like the soap opera too. I had the same problem with Romper Room, I mean the Off Topic section..I just stay away. If I wanna chat with people then I'll call one of my FRIENDS.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Ehh I wouldn't take it so seriously. The only reason they pick on S197 owners is because so many of the threads from S197 tech get moved to the OT because they are not TECH threads.

Soon the next gen Mustang will come around and everybody will pick on them.

Plus the O-Tards know the S197 is the best Stang yet.

Last edited by 7STANG; 04-08-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Why are there so many S197 based off topic threads in off topic? Why does the S197 section have SO many cruises that are "approved by mods", you guys don't want to include anyone else in those cruises?

Could you possibly imagine if there were more older, mature people in OT that it just might balance out (or even cancel out) the teenagers posting their e-thugness in there? How about if the S197 section looks more into the Regional section to wake up a nearly dead section instead of posting cruises inside their own section like some sort of elitist club?

Mishri, don't complain about OT. You dished it out too. Don't take the internet SO seriously. It's the internet, you are going to see comments that offend you and comments that you just simply don't like or don't agree with.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Why are there so many S197 based off topic threads in off topic? Why does the S197 section have SO many cruises that are "approved by mods", you guys don't want to include anyone else in those cruises?
Good point 99.

By the way, you and your New Edge Stang are still not invited to the Michigan Meet & Greet!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Riptide
+1

The sticky in that subforum has rules and they are a complete joke over there.

To be fair I haven't exactly been tactful in some of my remarks. My only excuse, perhaps a poor one, is that my smart-*** responses were provoked by others.
It is a poor one. You also dished it back out. You made yourself do it, not the others.

And for the record, when some of you make reference to other people's cars as "****boxes" or "rustboxes" or whatever it was, and then you want to complain about platform bashing...what gives?

"but they started it"

And you continued it....?

Then, some of you will just assume that they (OTards) are just jealous of your car.....no, they are not. Just a reminder, not everyone is envious of S197 cars, or newer Mustangs.

Originally Posted by 7STANG
Good point 99.

By the way, you and your New Edge Stang are still not invited to the Michigan Meet & Greet!
Meh, I'll eventually look through that thread to get caught up on dates, locations and ****.

Quick Reply: O/T is getting out of hand and the mods are encouraging it