Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

A suggestion for "Mustangs for sale" forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Nuieve

Default A suggestion for "Mustangs for sale" forum

MAKE the poster state the state in full (short is unsearchable) in the title. Like "Oregon" or "New Jersey", no abbreviations. As it's right now it's unsearchable mess (many poster put abbreviations of states in it, like NY or AK... you can't search 2 letter words). I'm not opening hundreds of threads to find one nearby, it's counterproductive. Remove any ad that doesn't contain state in the title.

Ideally ALL thread title should follow the same guidelines, like:
YEAR/MODEL/COLOR/PRICE and nothing else, with everything else in the thread body (mileage, description).

For example

"2006/GT Premium/Silver/$22000"
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

It's not an unsearchable mess. I just ran a search on a specific state and got several results from that section.

In the search box, you can also include the state's abbreviation. I think it would be better if the thread titles were like you suggested, but people have a hard enough time following other rules (like posting pictures, or their location), therefore making that a requirement may be a little 'over the top'.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Nuieve

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
It's not an unsearchable mess. I just ran a search on a specific state and got several results from that section.

In the search box, you can also include the state's abbreviation. I think it would be better if the thread titles were like you suggested, but people have a hard enough time following other rules (like posting pictures, or their location), therefore making that a requirement may be a little 'over the top'.
It ignores state abbreviation as a "too common" or "too short". I honestly don't even try to look at the ads. Too much work/time with little to no chance of success.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:14 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

It's too much time to click on 'Advanced Search' from the 'Search' drop down menu, type in a state's name in the keyword search box, select the 'Mustangs for Sale' forum, then click OK?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

99, you have to type in the full name of the state, you can't abbreviate, and when most people ask about a location, a state abbreviation is used. What the OP is trying to say is there needs to be an improvement in that function. Either that your you have to search by tags and hope they tagged the full state name. And actually, I like OP's idea about the titles. Other forums demand that sort of thing. Not "This needs to go now, best offer" Instead you have 02 Mustang GT $5000obo.