MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Issues and Feedback (https://mustangforums.com/forum/forum-issues-and-feedback-9/)
-   -   HELP (https://mustangforums.com/forum/forum-issues-and-feedback/592089-help.html)

JaggedEdge 03-20-2010 09:12 AM

HELP

Your site automatically logs off before you can complete writing your post
JE

Demon 340 03-20-2010 09:54 AM

really? can you explain exactly what is happening? ive not had issues lately...

Xeno 03-20-2010 11:57 AM

what internet browser are you using? iirc, some members had problems when they used a specific browser

...or i could have dreamed that and i'm completely wrong :p

Demon 340 03-20-2010 06:26 PM

we were having logout issues but ive not had any complaints of that for some time now...

JaggedEdge 03-21-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 6890134)
what internet browser are you using? iirc, some members had problems when they used a specific browser

...or i could have dreamed that and i'm completely wrong :p

I am using the mac browser Safari.
JE

Xeno 03-21-2010 11:49 AM

when you log in, do you have the 'remember me' box checked? sometimes that checked will solve the issue. also, another thing you can try as kind of a 'debugging' process is to switch to another browser, like firefox (which i believe is mac compatible).

if either one of those things don't work, then i'm out of ideas :(

JaggedEdge 03-22-2010 06:00 AM

Come on

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 6891941)
when you log in, do you have the 'remember me' box checked? sometimes that checked will solve the issue. also, another thing you can try as kind of a 'debugging' process is to switch to another browser, like firefox (which i believe is mac compatible).

if either one of those things don't work, then i'm out of ideas :(

Safari is the default browser on all Mac's. You are suggesting all mac users to change the structure (hyper-links in e-mail defaults to Safari) of their Mac's for just your forum. That's kind of a Microsoft thing to do.
JE

howarmat 03-22-2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by JaggedEdge (Post 6893592)
Safari is the default browser on all Mac's. You are suggesting all mac users to change the structure (hyper-links in e-mail defaults to Safari) of their Mac's for just your forum. That's kind of a Microsoft thing to do.
JE

no, obviously its a problem on your end since it doesnt affect all macs with safari. clean your cache completely and see if that fixes it. Make sure you dont have any strict settings on your cookies also.

Xeno 03-22-2010 11:09 AM

JE

o_O

like howarmat said, not all safari users are having a problem... plus most of the 3rd party browsers (well, all the ones i've used anyway) will import your oe browser settings

i'm a pc and it was just a suggestion

99GTvert 03-22-2010 11:12 AM

JE

Are you implying all mac users have this issue, or just yourself?

What do you mean about the bold?