Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Pictures in Classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Grabborange
1st Gear Member

Default Pictures in Classifieds

For some reason I can't open pictures in the classified section. And, yes, I am logged in when I try to open them.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

it's most likely due to your post count. most sections open up once you reach 50 posts/one month as a member; even though you have the one month+ membership, some permissions are still 'inactive' since you have only made 12 posts over an ~8 month period
Old 04-06-2010, 10:45 AM
jasoncase

I have the same problem. That is lame. I wish they'd let us look at the classified pics. I'm new to the Mustang community and I need to buy some gear!! Oh well Ebay it is.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by jasoncase
I have the same problem. That is lame. I wish they'd let us look at the classified pics. I'm new to the Mustang community and I need to buy some gear!! Oh well Ebay it is.
welcome to the forums and the mustang world

try looking at some of our sponsor's sites; they have great stuff (and some will even give discounts to members of the forum)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Dakotazeb

I too fail to understand the 50 post rule. I'm also on a number of other forums and have never seen this. Can someone please explain the logic? What's the big deal about allowing new member to view pictures?

I would think this rule really hurts those posting in the classifieds as there have to be a lot of people with less than 50 posts that can't see the pictures thus it's probably a "No Sale".
Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

iirc, the 50 rule is partially kind of a 'trust' thing; there are some people who may just create an account here to scam other members by trying to sell or buy things, then not delivering on their end of the deal (i'm not saying you would do this, it's just a general rule since it has happened in the past). being allowed to see the pictures is just part of the '50 post limit' permissions settings.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Xeno
iirc, the 50 rule is partially kind of a 'trust' thing;
It also stops people from signing up just to sell an item and never to be heard from again
Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

While it does suck I understand were its needed... as a buyer you know the member selling the item has been active in the forums and same with buyers knowing about sellers.

only 20 more posts to go for me
Old 04-15-2010, 01:27 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Dakotazeb
I too fail to understand the 50 post rule. I'm also on a number of other forums and have never seen this. Can someone please explain the logic? What's the big deal about allowing new member to view pictures?

I would think this rule really hurts those posting in the classifieds as there have to be a lot of people with less than 50 posts that can't see the pictures thus it's probably a "No Sale".
This doesn't hurt members in the classifieds as much as you might think. There are still several thousand active users on this forum, and the vast majority of the members in the classifieds section annihilate the 50/30 rule with several hundred posts and membership for several months to years.

...though I couldn't tell you about the viewing pictures thing. Not because its super secret, but I just don't really know. My guess is it helps discourage members from just using this site to only buy/sell things and not contribute at all in our tech sections. Like mentioned in the rules, this site isn't another ebay/craigslist.