Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Installed new battery, dashboard went out.. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 AM
blam718

Default Installed new battery, dashboard went out.. Please help

I tried to start my car in the morning and it wouldn't turn over. Had someone jump me, then drove to autozone. Found it was a bad battery so had a new one installed. Right after they installed the battery my whole dash board went out, no lights, sounds, anything. My radio is still working... but now I cannot tell what my gas gauge is at, how fast I am driving, if I leave my headlights and turn the car off no ding sound happens. Pretty much all the electronics except for my radio is working.

From what I experienced last time I had someone work on my car, when the battery was disconnected- a mechanic or ford dealership would have to "reset" the car for all this stuff to turn on again? The autozone rep spoke to a mechnic who said that 06-09 mustangs need to be "reset" after a battery is installed.

I just want to know what I should do? Can I do this myself somehow? I searched google and the forums and couldn't find anything on this.

My Mustang is stock, no mods.