Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Shuddering

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 PM
Brokengun

Default Shuddering

From a standstill and slowly taking off, the reared shudders for a couple of seconds and stops as I continue to drive on. Feels like your riding the brakes. Doesn't do it everytime , but does it more when the car is on an incline. Anyone have any ideas.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:13 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

What year and engine/transmission? This should be moved to a tech forum but not sure which.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:05 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Brokengun
From a standstill and slowly taking off, the reared shudders for a couple of seconds and stops as I continue to drive on. Feels like your riding the brakes. Doesn't do it everytime , but does it more when the car is on an incline. Anyone have any ideas.
So your computer is doing this when you log in to the forum?
Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.
Like was said, you are in the wrong section - this isn't for problems with your car. What year and engine are we talking about and it can be moved to the proper section.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:00 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I wonder if its an older car that may need the ignition serviced, new plugs or distributor etc. That could cause a misfire. Maybe the fuel filter needs to be replaced if its clogged and old. If its a newer car though then I dunno, doubt it would be ignition related. If it was something in the rear end, my guess is it would do it every time and not intermittently unless an ABS sensor went bad and gripped the brakes.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Brokengun

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
What year and engine/transmission? This should be moved to a tech forum but not sure which.
this is on a 2009 gt with a 4.0. Plus new to this site and not sure how to switch to a tech forum.