General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

What do those little speed trackers do???

Old 03-05-2006, 02:01 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What do those little speed trackers do???

haha omg im gonna do that now!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

I use those speed trackers for 2 things:

1) to check if my speedo is accurate
2) to see how fast I can go before I hit the mark.... :P
Old 03-05-2006, 02:55 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

they are there to determine whether or not a cop should be posted on that road during certain times/days. it records the data. trick is to drive by them real slow, to lower the average thus reducing chance of them putting a cop on that road. not sure if that works but thats what i do when i see one, you ******** that go 99+ mph by them really ruin it for yourself and others. bastards
Old 03-05-2006, 12:55 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

they are there to determine whether or not a cop should be posted on that road during certain times/days. it records the data. trick is to drive by them real slow, to lower the average thus reducing chance of them putting a cop on that road. not sure if that works but thats what i do when i see one, you ******** that go 99+ mph by them really ruin it for yourself and others. bastards

hey montana, considering i have cop friends and they TOLD me what they are used for....yea i would go with my way of doing it over yours, you and the grammas are the ones who screw us outa goin faster in the end, you drive a mustang, not a grocery getter! [:@] why would they want to see if the road needs to be clocked at? i mean gimmie a break.....they will clock any road they please whether it needs it or not, they dont need an exuse!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:20 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hurleymasta

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

hey montana, considering i have cop friends and they TOLD me what they are used for....yea i would go with my way of doing it over yours, you and the grammas are the ones who screw us outa goin faster in the end, you drive a mustang, not a grocery getter! [:@] why would they want to see if the road needs to be clocked at? i mean gimmie a break.....they will clock any road they please whether it needs it or not, they dont need an exuse!
whatever dude, every time one of those pops up around here the next month theres a new cop on the road and no new speed limit what so ever. yeah i drive a mustang, i drive fast when im on the highway not when im in my neighboorhood where little kids play. im sure they use the data they get for speed limits too but it sure as hell doesnt look like it around here. just to backup what ive been saying, had one of those speed recorders on my street a while back and this guy i work with speeds about 20mph over the limit. this is in a 30mph neighborhood which they DO NOT raise the speed limit to for a reason. a month later they started posting a cop at the beginning of the road, the dude i work with got a ticket for over 200$. again, this happened on another road in my area. no need for you to bust a nut over this, just the way it is in my area. btw there are 4 cops that live on my road, i know how it works dude.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:20 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

hahah, so maybe it is different, i know they wont raise the limit in rural roads, and i dont speed in the city, but im just sayin what i say, and there has been limits raised around here from the same situation, maybe the cops just arent consistant
Old 03-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Aversion
1st Gear Member

I live in Tennessee .. I've never seen one : - ( .. Damnit you hill billy sons a b*tches..
Old 03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

I live in the Northeast, that thing will not flash red for me! I went by it 51 when its a 40mph speed limit and no red letters
Old 03-05-2006, 07:51 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I live in northern IL... I see those from time to time. My mom and I both like to romp on it and get it to flash red mph at us!! Like if it says 30mph limit, and you go more than 5 over it flashes red with your speed

I was cruisin down this back road one day, and my radar detector went off, so of course I slow down. It went off with a weak signal, and it got stonger. About 4 blocks later there was one of those little doodles.

They are just funny to me.

What is not funny, are those new white vans that have a speed checker and a camera in them! Supposed to be for construction sites but I saw it on this random 45mph road that usually I go 70+ down, but that day I had my mom's nissan and was going 5 under, luckily!

George
Old 03-05-2006, 08:11 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

the only things the ones around here do is make my detector go off and pi$$ me off[:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do those little speed trackers do???