General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

red carbon fiber hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 AM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

Default red carbon fiber hood

Hey, im lookin for a carbon fiber hood to put on a 95 mustang gt, i know i should post this in the clasified but i was hoping to luck out and get a link here. Thanks, o yeah if you are one of those importphobics that thinks carbon fiber looks rice, i dont care.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: red carbon fiber hood

not sure but i think i heard somewhere u couldnt paint carbon fiber cuz it made it look weird?

and isnt fiberglass almost just as light, and costs less?
and can be painted nice n good?
Old 02-18-2004, 04:20 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

carbon fiber = ricer
unless used on a true road racer

but check APC they sell a ricer hood
Old 02-19-2004, 03:01 PM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

yeah thats what im worried about just once at a car show i saw an import with a blue carbon fiber hood and it looked amazing.

and oh soquick, what the hell did i just say, i dont care about your opinion on what is rice and what isnt, i think it looks good so i intend on using it
Old 02-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Buzzstang
4th Gear Member

You can paint carbon fiber look at some of the race cars out there. i would love to have a carbon fiber hood on my stang. i am all about loosing weight and going fast, i really dont care what it looks like.
Thank
Cody
Old 02-20-2004, 07:05 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Stupid myths about Carbon fiber and its crappy look when it gets painted is just plain bullcrap.

Here is a beautiful example of a FULL Carbon fiber Car that has sexy paint and lines to boot.

The McLearen[sm=smiley16.gif] Can I write a Check for this?

-Neo-
Old 02-20-2004, 12:48 PM
BlueVenom

i think Carbon Fiber looks great but alot of people like to paint it, and it can be painted just as easy as any other surface. The reason alot of people dont paint it is either they are cheap kids and cant afford to paint it, or they think the CF pattern looks cool, or for weight savings. I mean i know its not alot but paint still does add extra weight now i know thats a bad excuse but it is one none the less. i thought about getting a CF cowl hood for the fox body cause of the weight savings and cause i like carbonfiber and the way it looks
Old 02-20-2004, 12:54 PM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

This is just my personal opinion.......but I think you should save your money. Hell, you're gonna paint it anyway.

Why not take the extra weight out of say, all the crap in your car, spare, jack, less fuel when on the track, GOIN ON A DIET......it's all free!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 07:26 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Heh, most of us already do that. Personally, if I go to the track I go hoodless. No need for the hood, dont care if everyone can see im a V6, dont care if everyone is left stareing because I have 12 highly polished intake runners, dont care when my Nitrous Purge blows dual white spirts into the air, dont care when they seem my head fly off, dont care when they see fuilds go everywhere.... LOL

Anyways,,,, hoodless is a good cheap easy way to go when lowering weight. But when it comes to fenders, then the investment into Carbon Fiber is a good one and even for the bumper too, because its a stout material, and you will be doing yourself good and your expensive paint job good too by getting a more ridgid material. I would think you could cut at least 100lbs just from the fenders.

-Neo-
Old 02-24-2004, 02:15 AM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

heh, we dont even have a track, i just like the way cf looks, plus i mean if i can get it cheaper then why not?

Quick Reply: red carbon fiber hood