General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hear something banging when braking to stop sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:55 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Default hear something banging when braking to stop sometimes

I have a 93 lx 5.0 and Just put in a set of chassis engineering lower control arms and a new rear end with 4:10 gears. Everything was fine before I did the swap but now when I brake and am almost stopped I hear a metal to metal clunk underneath the car on the aft passenger side of the car. now when I did the rear end swap I did completely disassemble the brakes and might not have put the passenger rear back together right because of a time restraint but I also checked to see if everything was tight between the lower arms and rear end and it is. I still have the stock torque boxes and the stock upper control arms, but dont think anything is broken because the car drove without problems before hand, and when I switched over I took the car around the parking lot for a very light test drive and noticed the problem almost every time I stopped. any suggestions would be greatly apprecciated

thanx