General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best stang suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default Best stang suspension

Hey, Im lookin at doing alot of suspension work now (i think i have plenty of power for now.... just gotta get it down). I already have lower CAs. plannin on some uppers here soon. then im goign to get some drag springs, and adjustable struts/shocks. Thats all I can think to get. Im lookin for the best drag suspension I can get. Also, I saw a 3-link conversion for the new edge stangs a little while ago. ive been in love with the 3-link since the new stangs have come out. anyone have any info on this product or some like it? and what advice do you gusy have about what is worthwhile and really beneficial?
Old 04-29-2006, 12:22 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Best stang suspension

Ever thing about a QA1 full front tubular suspension and coil over conversion? Get their manual rack and save power and weight. You will drop something around 100lbs with the whole kit, 70somthing without the manual rack and your stearing geometry will be way better. For the rear you could do coil over conversion, get upper controll arms, SummitRacing has CHEAP CHEAP battle boxes to strengthen your car, get a larger Diameter front and rear swap bar, aluminum spherical bearings for the rear controll arms, aluminum diff cover to keep those gears slightly cooler. Get some full length subframe connectors to strengthen the chassis, the weld and bolt in kind for good strength. Then when you convert over to Coil Over you can get a complete kit from Tein Suspension to have a 9-way in-car adjustable suspension, now thats some good road race equipment but very expensive.

If you pull that engine to put the front suspension in you might want to think about putting a forged stroker kit into that engine so you can handle the juice better, raise the CR too if you want to stay NA. Ger some ARP rod and main bolts in there and be happy in knowing that you arent going to scatter it very easily.

Just some idea's

Good Luck

-Eric-
Old 04-29-2006, 01:23 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Best stang suspension

i didnt think much about the front, but 100lbs off would be nice. I think the coil over conversion in a bit too steep for me. How well do drag springs and adjustable shocks stack up at the track? I can get that all done for under 500, and its a complete overhaul of all the stock parts.