General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Qustion about body kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:50 AM
JustinRL07

Default Qustion about body kits

[IMG]I am new to this website and i have come with a question about my 98 mustang. i bought it last year and now im starting to see more and more of them everywhere. its getting irritating so i decided to try and make it a bit custom. i strarted putting neon in it. i have $250 worth of neon under and inside my car right now. i thought maybe that was good enough, until Sunday when i saw the exact same car as mine(same year, model, color) at work. that was it and im now considering buying a body kit for it.

Here is how low to the ground my car is now.

now it bottoms out a lot, but only in this strange strip thats under my car, so it does no dammage to the bumper, now this is the front bumper i am going to buy

now what i am wondering is...this bumper seems pretty low to the ground. i am asking this to the poeople who know a lot about this kind of thing so i dont be a bother to anyone who doesent know. Will a bumper this low(or maybe the car its on is just low) to the ground break or crack easally if i hit a bump in the road? for example if i am driving up a driveway if i am to hit the bump thats at the end of the driveway, if i bottom out, is there a chance of my bumper cracking or something? OR is it pretty much safe to buy something like this and expect it to be able to take some abuse

thanks for your time in reading this and thanks for your help if you take more and and answer

[/IMG]
Old 05-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Qustion about body kits

personally i wouldnt put neon or a body kit on a V6 Mustang, but it is your car and you can do what you want. if you get one it should be able to take some abuse. make sure you get one that is made of urethane, as it is a much stronger material than fiberglass and can take a lot more abuse. fiberglass is a fair deal cheaper, but it does have a tendency to crack a little easier. a nice urethane body kit could run you around $1000, plus whatever it is to get it installed and painted correctly. best of luck.