General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

lookin for someone who had been in a wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 04:32 PM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

Default lookin for someone who had been in a wreck

K so i got in a wreck this winter with my gt and its in the body shop right now but for somereason it dosent start up. Ive heard of somethin in the fuel pump to shut it off in a collision. has anyone had any expierece with this?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: lookin for someone who had been in a wreck

I do not know where it would be in the 95, I am thinking in the trunk? I have a 93 hatch an it is under a rubber gromet in the hatch near the driver side tail light . If the relay is in the up position (little red button) then just push it back down.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:18 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

So the body shop can't find it either? I know it's back there somewhere, you think they'd be able to find it seeing they're a body shop.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 AM
DrewCarrie

I don't know if this will help you or not, but on my 04 GT it's under the kick panel of the passenger side right up where they would put their feet. kinda between that panel and the glove box under the dash, but mine is an 04.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:38 AM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

hmm, i swear they are all in difffernt spits, my friend has like an 01 andits in the trunk so when i get it back im gonna check ther
Old 04-03-2004, 05:08 AM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

Okay Ive got a 95 go into the trunk pull the trunk linning away from the Drivers side tailight and theres the inertia switch... Botta Boom!!! thats funny that the body shop cant find it..... duh
Old 04-03-2004, 07:04 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

gotta love macco
Old 04-03-2004, 08:27 PM
horatio102
4th Gear Member

It's Maaco, and they're no less competant than the next shop. They do offer a cheap-*** paint job for people who don't want to spend the money, and because it's cheap, people mock it. Family friends of mine own the Maaco in Lacey and they'll do a good job if you pay what you would at a normal shop. Just don't expect much when they're prepping and painting your car for $200.

ORIGINAL: vfast

gotta love macco
Old 04-03-2004, 11:10 PM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

You won't catch my stang in a Maaco but in my own paint booth.... But I'm not going to knock it cause I know it's cheap but Ive never seen any work from any Maaco.... But I was going to get into a franchise deal with a buddy for a Maaco here.... figured with all the cheap aces here it'd go over good.. never know
Old 04-04-2004, 01:36 AM
horatio102
4th Gear Member

I worked for the friends at their Maaco one summer doing driving and detailing. They do a surprising amount of business with used car lots, and even new dealerships for lot damage. Got a brown camaro sitting on the lot that won't sell? Give it a 200 red paint job and it'll be sold in a week.
True fact.

Anyway, I've seen some real crap come out of their shop, but it's because that's what the customer was willing to pay for. I've also seen some nice stuff done. Some asian dude spent about $6k I think on his old GTO and it came out absolutely gorgeous. A used car lot brought in a 65 Mustang and specifically requested that no body work be done, then they were pissed when we painted right over the rust. I mean come on.

Quick Reply: lookin for someone who had been in a wreck