MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   drove through flooded roads help pls (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/135173-drove-through-flooded-roads-help-pls.html)

dan 06-03-2006 03:15 AM

drove through flooded roads help pls

I think i may have hydrolocked the car. It wasn't badly flooded, only about 1/2 foot at most, but it would spray upward alot when i drove over it. The car never actually stoped or stalled completly, and after letting it dry for 30 minutes, i could safely drive home without these simptoms: The car was bucking VERY badly when i brought it above 2K rpm's. At one point the rpms were very low and when i brought them up the car started bucking. Could water have gotten into the gas tank and caused this? I'm going to pull my oil tomarrow and look at it, and i'll tell you what color it is. Could water have simply affected the sensors? please help. thanks

tripsevn7 06-03-2006 11:07 AM

RE: drove through flooded roads help pls

that or you got water on a plug somehow. chances are the symptoms will be gone this morning, if so i would check your coil on plug packs. i would also look to see if you somehow got water in the intake

GreyStang 06-03-2006 11:16 AM

1/2 foot of water shouldn't have screwed up too much.. you DID slow down to a crawl, right?

You might have gotten a huge gulp of water poured into your exhaust pipe,, that might cause the symptoms you're describing

dan 06-03-2006 03:04 PM

symptoms are practically gone today but i only moved the car 20 feet into my garage. I don't want to drive around and risk making things worse. If the car had hydrolocked then i wouldn't have been able to start it today right? I'm going to give it another day to dry out, and change the oil.

ben5.0 06-03-2006 06:18 PM

If the car had hydrolocked then i wouldn't have been able to start it today right?
u wouldnt have been able to drive it home

MikeHawke 06-03-2006 06:38 PM

It's not hydro locked. I would bet that you got water in the MAF......they hate that LOL.

Even if you get the coils wet, they can give you problems, but I'm betting it's the MAF.

tripsevn7 06-03-2006 06:49 PM

um go ahead and change your oil NOW!!!! no sense in letting the water(though i doubt there is any in there) sit in the engine. do you have a fender mount cai? when you got to the house, did you have water splashed on top of your intake or valve covers?

tripsevn7 06-03-2006 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

1/2 foot of water shouldn't have screwed up too much.. you DID slow down to a crawl, right?

You might have gotten a huge gulp of water poured into your exhaust pipe,, that might cause the symptoms you're describing

unless you kill with the tailpipes under water with the nose of the car downhill, its not gonna happen. water cycling up the tailpipe, thru the muffler and cats and then up the manifolds really just doesnt happen unless your in feet of water

MikeHawke 06-03-2006 07:57 PM

I agree Trip. Probably got a nice gulp through the fenderwell. Even if he has the stock intake on there, they can still get water in them and fugger up the MAF. The good news is that it's usually fine when it dries out.

GreyStang 06-04-2006 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: tripsevn7

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

unless you kill with the tailpipes under water with the nose of the car downhill, its not gonna happen. water cycling up the tailpipe, thru the muffler and cats and then up the manifolds really just doesnt happen unless your in feet of water

I never meant to say the water went up the tailpipe & all the way to the manifold,, I meant that a volume of water wet far enough to pocket itself in the exhaust pipe itself and/or maybe the mufflers. So, the car would idle not too bad, but when revved the water might cause enough restriction to block flow. And yea the engine was never hydrolocked. If it was it wouldn't run at all.