MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   what type of chip? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/13557-what-type-of-chip.html)

WS6speeDemon 04-18-2004 11:40 PM

what type of chip?

I want a chip for my Gt but i don't konw what kind to get... i've looked at superchip but if there is something better out there i'd like to know, i've only had my Gt for maybe 4 months so it is slighty modded right now. I am about to get a new clutch, short throw shifter, and computer chip but i dunno what kind is best, ive looked around but its nice to know peoples experiences and personal opinion.

mysticsvtcobra96 04-19-2004 12:23 AM

RE: what type of chip?

Venom 400 Control Module 96-98 mustangs 25% more h/p

mysticsvtcobra96 04-19-2004 12:27 AM

here is the aplication chart

WS6speeDemon 04-19-2004 01:46 AM

hmmm, that looks good, its cheaper than superchip, i'm hoping to gain like 20-35 hp with a chip, it would be nice, or a programmer, either would suffice

02GT 04-19-2004 10:10 AM

Not a bad deal, but, you won't get the all around power that you get from superchips. Superchips is a flash program that changes your computer program in incroments of 200 (rpm). The other advantage is, the hand held programer will also plug in a pull codes when you get a ck engine light and the book has all the codes in it. I have a 02 gt with little mod's, k&n cold air intake, flowmaster(cat-back), my last visit out at the track, my best time posted was 14.2. I have a slip to prove it. Just programed my superchip program in this weekend, and wwwwooooowwwww what a big difference. You feel the power all the through from the begining. When i go to the track next month, no doubt in mind i will easily be in the 13's. One last advantage, you can put it back to your stock program at any time, like before you go to the dealer, only takes 10 min. tops, nobody knows. My opinion, the best deal for the money, with the most advantages.

WS6speeDemon 04-19-2004 02:36 PM

So how much HP did you gain? like i have 225 stock so with the Flowmasters exhaust and the K&N intake and the Superchip how much would i be gaining? I want my car to beat this civic around town, i beat him before he put his turbos on but now he beats me :( but we're friends and like me he loves a little competition.... this in no ordinary civic though, had some funky named ingine in it all tuned and stuff with turbos boost control, blah blah blah, its nice and very light, lol, i want to beat it and with the next few mods i plan to do i hope i can atleast run side by side.

mysticsvtcobra96 04-19-2004 09:32 PM

just go ahead and supercharge it and be done..then you can sit back and laugh at his little turbocharged rice burner

mysticsvtcobra96 04-19-2004 09:34 PM

oh yeah and whenever you run a superchip..if you have it set for high octane and you run out of money and have to put the low octane gas in your car..you can hurt you motor really bad..the venom chip you can turn it on and off whenever you want..but i guess its all up to you

WS6speeDemon 04-19-2004 11:09 PM

oh really?? thats cool... i've never thought of the gas thing, but i would NEVER put anything lower than premium in my car, no matter how low the money, i just won't drive it.... i think switching it off would be an advantage... i dunno... sO MANY CHOICES!

WS6speeDemon 04-19-2004 11:11 PM

i can't supercharge it yet.... gotta do other stuff first like the short throw and new clutch, an old lady owned it before me, why she wanted a stick i do not know and mustangs aren't a piece of cake either, and it didn't have much of a clutch when i got it so between dropping the clutch and grabbing second gear its getting weak!