General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Just changed my rear control arms out and now i think my gears are grinding...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 PM
SleepingGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just changed my rear control arms out and now i think my gears are grinding...?

mine look exactly like this guys

these are the ones i bought

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=225

????
Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 PM
SleepingGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just changed my rear control arms out and now i think my gears are grinding...?

ORIGINAL: PX429

yeah i got that kit that came with both of them together. you do have to grease them.

what kind of grease and where can i get it? and how do i apply it? do i have to take them completely back out to grease them?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 PM
SleepingGT
2nd Gear Member

wow i'm glad it wasn't the pinion angle off...i was having a hard time believing it since the stockers never caused a problem with it
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

You need a grease gun and you might have to take them or might not it depends on if you can reach the fittings, which might have not been installed from the factory. Was there a little hole about 1/8th inch or so in diameter at the end of the control arm (where the bushing is)?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

I'm at work we have a block on photobucket[&o]

yeah you have to take them out to grease them right. just do one side at a time.

ORIGINAL: SleepingGT

mine look exactly like this guys

these are the ones i bought

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=225

????
Old 07-21-2006, 12:00 AM
SleepingGT
2nd Gear Member

is this something i can get at autozone?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 AM
PX429
5th Gear Member

see that red stuff on my control arm. it's just synthetic tube grease from autozone for like 8 bucks.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:32 AM
SleepingGT
2nd Gear Member

hopefully that fixes everything i just bought some mobil 1 synth tube grease gonna cover them this weekend

so if i had the stock stamped control arms and directly replaced them with those...no matter whether i was raised or lowered if the stock ones worked fine then these should be fine too once propery greased since they're supposed to be direct replacements correct?
Old 07-21-2006, 03:38 AM
PX429
5th Gear Member

why did you take out your quad shocks?
put those back in

ORIGINAL: SleepingGT

i just took off the quad shocks and put on chrome moly upr uppers and lowers and now my car makes this weird creaking noise and i don't know what it is supposed to sound like when your gears whine/clunk but i think that has happend...is this possible?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 AM
SleepingGT
2nd Gear Member

you're not supposed to need them with a good set of control arms...?

Quick Reply: Just changed my rear control arms out and now i think my gears are grinding...?