General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Painted the hood a flat blackish color. Finally some PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

Default Painted the hood a flat blackish color. Finally some PICS

Sanded with p400 grit sand paper.
Washed cleaned off with rag and water
First coat was so light it looked like charcoal
Second Coat basicaly tried to get everything black but it was still a misty type coat
Third coat was heavyest and took a whole can of spray paint by it self just to coat it.
Left in an empty Dorm room for 24 hours, and reattached hood.

It went rather well i think. Thanks for allt he people who helped me with all the questions and made sure all my steps were correct in doing this project, it went rather well.
I use Outdoor Rustoleum Satin Black paint which looks like its half flat black half shiny. I used Outdoor paint because it seems like outdoor paint was made to be in the blazing heat all the time and made to paint your chairs and tables which is good enough to sit in all the time and throw stuff on the table and still be beaten up by the sun and all that abuse... so hopefully it will be fine on the car... so far the paint has been on the car for over a week and it has been threw some highway driving and the paint is still fine.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:25 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Painted the hood a flat blackish color. Finally some PICS

the design looks nice but I'de have to see it in person to decide. You just used some spray paint?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:10 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

put the pony back in the grille, looks goofy, but other then that, looks good, good job.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:51 PM
alexr
★★★★★

looks good[sm=smiley20.gif] if i were you though, i wouldve clear coated over the black.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
lmp_rr

Not my thing buds. No wing look is crap for me, but I'm sure it's a complete opposite for somebody else. My perfect stang would have cobra body kit, cobra hood, and rear wing, the whole package, and I'm talking about 2000 Cobra-R look. The only thing I'd keep is stock rear facia. Now the thing I don't like is the color scheme you used, but then again, the other guy might love it. A) it is black mate, non reflective, kind of monotone. B) Two fat racing stripes across it is the best look you can get, and it's hard to beat it.

Again, just my opinion, if critics would hold back then you'd have the best ride man. What ever you do now, don't lower it, it would look bad lowered, kind of like a civic. You look Asian man, car that looks like civic and asian face man, not a good thing. Again just my opinion and I like muscle cars, so I'm trying to detect a muscle car in yours. Dude, do you wear a baseball cup backwards????
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: lmp_rr

Not my thing buds. No wing look is crap for me, but I'm sure it's a complete opposite for somebody else. My perfect stang would have cobra body kit, cobra hood, and rear wing, the whole package, and I'm talking about 2000 Cobra-R look. The only thing I'd keep is stock rear facia. Now the thing I don't like is the color scheme you used, but then again, the other guy might love it. A) it is black mate, non reflective, kind of monotone. B) Two fat racing stripes across it is the best look you can get, and it's hard to beat it.

Again, just my opinion, if critics would hold back then you'd have the best ride man. What ever you do now, don't lower it, it would look bad lowered, kind of like a civic. You look Asian man, car that looks like civic and asian face man, not a good thing. Again just my opinion and I like muscle cars, so I'm trying to detect a muscle car in yours. Dude, do you wear a baseball cup backwards????
i hate to be blatant and rude, but youre a complete idiot.

im not gonna comment on the cobra kit, because thats a different subject that i dont have a problem with, but youre being very closed minded by saying racing stripes is the only good look for a mustang. and to tell him not to lower his car is just stupid. lowering a stang is one of the BEST visual mods you can do, the stance is so much better, let alone the handling. and to say it'll look like a honda doing that is THE stupidest thing i have ever heard.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Hahahaha, your calling him asian and saying his car looks like a civic?!? Your the one who wants to make your car look like something its not, way to go ricer!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:23 PM
whitestanggt
1st Gear Member

I think it looks bad *** put the mustang emblem on the grill I think it will look better.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
lmp_rr

Again, that was just my opinion and saying that your opinion is better than mine is stupid. We got two stupid idiots there above whitestanggt.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:41 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ARdoller

Not my thing buds..........
i hate to be blatant and rude, but youre a complete idiot.

that is THE stupidest thing i have ever heard.
hahahahahahahahahahhhhhhahhahahahahah

+1

Quick Reply: Painted the hood a flat blackish color. Finally some PICS