General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

The cops follow because there's plenty of morons out there who make it easy for them to fill their quotas. It's because of those morons that the rest of us have to get harassed from time to time.

There's a way to combat it, though.

Keep a pad of paper and a pencil with you at all times. Every time a cop gets on yer *** and just ghosts you around, copy down his plate number and the unit number. Then, pull out her cell phone, and report him/her. Unless they got some reason to be following you (ie yer wanted for something) they aren't supposed to be doing that and can get in trouble for it. It's considered harassment and provocation.

Once when I was renting a vert, some ******** cop ghosted my bumper for nearly 30 miles, waiting for me to break speed so he could nail me. And we're not talking just cruising back a few lengths, he was right on my flip'n bumper, pushing. Fed up, I pulled out my cell phone and started looking back to read the numbers on his car, making sure he saw me doing it. Within seconds he backed off, then took off. Too late, though. I had the plate.

Cops should be enforcing the law, not harrassing people.

If you ask me, they should be ghosting the damn ricers. I see far more plastic-geared rice-humpers streaking down the highways around here than anything else! Gonna get someone killed... [>:]
Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

Happends to me constantly, they've nitpicked the shi#$ out of my car, gave me a ticket for no front plate, for loud exhaust, and one for no seatbelt. I've been pulled over 10 times in the last month. And am followed almost everytime i drive my car. It's flippin annoying, lol they're gunna cause me to crash cuz i keep my eyes glued to my speedo when they follow me. I know that i should have a front plate, my exhaust is annoying but theres is louder around here, and i should wear my seatbelt, but damn there is better things to be done then to harrase me....doesnt it just bug the **** out of you when your pulled over on the side of the road for something stupid and u see like ten others breaking the law in a worse way
Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

I'm not to worried about it here in town because I have alot of cop friends. Now out of town...that's a different story. [&:]
Old 08-28-2006, 04:08 AM
Lucas11
1st Gear Member

Never had a problem with the cops here
Old 08-28-2006, 04:37 AM
7earitup
2nd Gear Member

Recently got a ticket while I was passing someone. After that I now have cops following me whenever they see me. It's freakin bullsh!t!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:24 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I drive like a sane person. Never get on it until I'm getting onto a highway or something. I follow all the road signs to as close a T as I can possibly do it.

I'm always the one in the slow lanes getting passed. There are tons of morons who I've almost get hit by that would make cops target me as well.

::sigh:: I hate being stereotyped. Stupid muthafu**in pigs.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:39 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arrow
Every time a cop gets on yer *** and just ghosts you around, copy down his plate number and the unit number. Then, pull out her cell phone, and report him/her. Unless they got some reason to be following you (ie yer wanted for something) they aren't supposed to be doing that and can get in trouble for it. It's considered harassment and provocation.
100% Absolute Complete BS. There is nothing preventing a cop or anyone from following your vehicle. You are driving on a public way! This is not harassment in any way shape or form and there is no law against it. Just because you don't like something...that doesn't make it illegal or against some policy.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

You guys need to be proactive about defending your own rights. Start reporting the cops that follow you around like that, and make them realize that you won't settle for that crap. It's harrassment and entrapment, and they can get in trouble for it.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:42 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

I never really have a problem with the cops. I know 2 of the county sheriffs, one has a grand national and one has a 74 camaro. I've raced both of them on the street before. Only time I've really had a problem with a cop in my area was when I had bungee cords holding my hood down and a state trooper saw me. I told him I was taking it too a shop to put the hood pins in and he didn't even give me a warning. I live in a red neck area and the cops are really concerned more about important stuff then following some kid in a mustang.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arrow

You guys need to be proactive about defending your own rights. Start reporting the cops that follow you around like that, and make them realize that you won't settle for that crap. It's harrassment and entrapment, and they can get in trouble for it.
If it is against the law then please cite me the specific law that is being violated. If you cannot cite the specific law, then please tell me how you know it's illegal. I assume you have some sort of background in criminal law? Or is this something you just "heard" from other people? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's illegal.

Quick Reply: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!