General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

Cops tail young kids in fast or fast-looking cars because kids in fast or fast-looking cars do the stupidest crap on the road.

65 year old men dont pull up next to you at a red light and start revving their engine and yelling "yo dawg yo u aint got **** ize the race car master of da werld". If older folks want to race, they know where the track is.

Young guys also think they're hot **** drivers, but really aren't. They wander over lines, dont maintain constant speeds, etc, which looks to an onlooker like a drunk.

I thought I was a kickass driver when I was 17, and realize now that I wasn't, and those cops followed me around and pulled me over for a reason.

Cops are people, and with any group of people, some of 'em are jerks, some are really cool. But they aren't stupid, and if they see you acting like a wingwang on the road once, they'll remember, and tell their colleagues "keep an eye out for the kid with the nosering in the blue mustang, saw him doing burnouts in the 7-11 the other night"
Old 10-12-2006, 07:11 PM
KevinMacHeffner

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

Hmmm... I never get harrassed or pulled over. In fact I see the opposite, people seem to behave in their driving around me.

Is that because of the "Active Member - Fraternal Order of Police" license plate frames? hahaha

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 PM
crazangel14
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

not really cause there are soo many mustangs around here... (tampa) but the speed bumps are horrible
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
06gt5spd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

I find it amazing that you all hate cops because they pulled you over when you were speeding or doing something else wrong. If your car was stolen, broken in to or hit who are you going to call ~ not the ghostbusters! If your doing something wrong and get caught, don't wine about - it's your fault! I don't have any problems with the cops and I don't know any of them. I do my fair share of speeding and such, but if I do it and get caught - my fault. (knock on wood) And as far as being followed, nobody thinks the cop is going the same direction as you are? Just my .02
Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 AM
LML97GT

ORIGINAL: Greedy

Happends to me constantly, they've nitpicked the shi#$ out of my car, gave me a ticket for no front plate, for loud exhaust, and one for no seatbelt. I've been pulled over 10 times in the last month. And am followed almost everytime i drive my car. It's flippin annoying, lol they're gunna cause me to crash cuz i keep my eyes glued to my speedo when they follow me. I know that i should have a front plate, my exhaust is annoying but theres is louder around here, and i should wear my seatbelt, but damn there is better things to be done then to harrase me....doesnt it just bug the **** out of you when your pulled over on the side of the road for something stupid and u see like ten others breaking the law in a worse way
what do you mean you dont wear a seatbelt????????
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM
99RioredSVT
1st Gear Member

Yes I have had cops follow me for 5 or 6 miles before finally getting bored. It sucks [:@]
Old 05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
C_yru_s99
1st Gear Member

LOL Love the donut comment.... And yes i do eat donuts :P... (and imagine i am still not fat)
Well lets start by saying that i am a Deputy Sheriff... Thereare several reasons for a "cop" to see our cars and follow you and check your plates or as some of you say harass you. Just imagine this for a second .. Your car gets stolen. Hmm what a concept.. cop sees your fancy *** kicker and well its simpletheyliketo look at it. But ask yourself, what ifyour car was stolen (you own a nice car why wouldntsomeone want to steel it?)and the cops just drive by it because they figure well that guy will just get pissed for me following him... and yet he could have found your stolen car (imagine how many stolen vehicles and warrants are attached to license plates its a common action by the police not just directed at you). AND MOST OF ALL YOU OWN A FLASHY CAR IT WILL GET NOTICED BY EVERYONE!! so you speed or do some stupid **** your screwed.... simple concept if your gonna break the law dont do it in stupid places.. such as a school zone. talk about pull ur head out of ur ***. I do agree however that there are cops that will just be prics and mess with you over and over. its a simple concept, go to the police station or sheriff's department and file a WRITTEN complaint.. A written complaint will force the department to do an investigation on the officer... If your going to do this have ur facts ready dates of contacts andactions done by the officer, the reason he said he contacted you and so on... As for license plate lights.. I refuse to contact and idividual for that purpose unless i need to contacted the vehicle for a seperate serious offence (suspition of transporting drugs weapons gang bangerssomething should i say important). and being contacted for 79 in a 75 is a BS contact!

Inturn keep in mind that id say its 50:50.. Just keep in mind what you have done to attract the attention. You screw up time after time ya yourgoing toget contacted again and again. to sum it up leave them alone and they will leave you alone...... If your not doing anything wrong then dont be so paranoid...

i do appologize for the rant
Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
C_yru_s99
1st Gear Member

FINAL statement window tint that is to dark is a safety issue for the vehicle operator and police... how well can you see out the side windows an night??? and to educate you on the exhaust.. In almost every state in theUS it is illegal to modify your factory exhaust to emitt a louder sound then the factory exhaust.. it is illegal to modify your suspention unless you have a factory installed suspention.. If you have any of these problems you can be pulled over time and time again untill you fix the problem.
Ok here is my point i cruis my car out of town denver, vail, avon, silverthornearea where i do not live! I live approximately 100 miles from denver.. the point here is my window tint is to dark i have no front license plate my front window tint is to low onto the windshield and as we all know with a fast car what do you do? SPEED.. I have never been pulled over or followed by the police. infact i welcome to be followed. why because by chance one day that my car is stolen i am glad to know that the police are doing there job and just may find it before it gets to the chop shop...........................
Sorry to add i read the last two pages of the forum.
Most of the posts in this forum seem like whining. STOP!
SPEED = TICKET
DARK WINDOW TINT = TICKET
LOUD ANNOYING (STUPID EXHAUST) = TICKET
LOUD STEREO = TICKET
YOU DWD (DRIVING WHILE DUMB) = TICKET

GROW UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DRIVING LIKE A JACKASS

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GETTING SCREWED ARROUND PLEASE REFER TO MY PREVIOUS POST ON TAKING CARE OF THE ISSUE
Old 05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Billymac76
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have m

ive actrually been getting followed horribly lately... on my way back from school is where they get me.. im always good about following laws and such.. so since the new year ive been pulled over 7 times, 1 was a inspectioin ticket that was fine, the other 6 were verbal warnings to slow down... hah mind you i got pulled over in the right lane behind a car for speeding.......(anouther verbal warning) so now i have a little note pad in my car, im going to go and complain to the town after i get 10 cases where ive been followed.. at this rate i should have them by july.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 PM
yellow93lx
2nd Gear Member

The Memphis cops never mess with me, not even the cop that was tailgating me when my tags were out of date and I did not have Cats on the car. It seemed I was going too slow for him. It may be my age or the worthless cops in Memphis. I drive through school zones all the time and people fly past me and there is never a cop to stop them. Try living in a crime infested city and you don't have to worry about tickets, but not getting your car stolen is a different story. I do travel alot and got a few tickets in a small town where the cop told me the speed zone starts at the "Reduce Speed Ahead" sign, so I was speeding. The next time I was driving through that town I got a ticket when I was leaving town because I spead up to the speed on the sign I could see, but the cop said the speed zone starts after I get past the sign.

Quick Reply: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!