General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to remove the DOOR PANEL from a 1997 mustang??? HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:25 PM
ktbspa

Default How to remove the DOOR PANEL from a 1997 mustang??? HELP!!

someone stole the passenger mirror from my '97 mustang and i don't want to pay $30 for someone to install a new one. I already purchased a replacement mirror but i can't figure out how to remove the door panel. I've looked online and several sites/forums say you need to first remove the control/button panel from the door so you can access the screws that hold down the door panel. I can get about half of the button panel out but when i try to pull it all the way it won't come off. is there a clip or hidden screw that holds it down?can anyone tell me specifically how to remove the door panel so i can install the new mirror?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
kamelyn
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How to remove the DOOR PANEL from a 1997 mustang??? HELP!!

if it just the mirror that you're trying to replace just remove the plastic triangle at the top first.

Take a flat head screw driver and pop the brad and then slide the plastic piece up inorder to clear the tab guide.

if you look above the lwindow switch on the door panel remove that first carefully because there are wires attached to the switch panel remove the screw that you see in that area and now it's loose. then on the inside of the door (facing your door hinge) there's a brad or plastic fastener remove that and grab the whole panel from the bottom pull forward and it'll pop off of the brads holding it in. so after you pop the bottom brads the you lift up on the door panel to make the panel guides to ease out. Just remember to unclip the window roll up module from the inside of the door panel. and you should be good to go .
Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Default RE: How to remove the DOOR PANEL from a 1997 mustang??? HELP!!

i think he has pretty much got it but for anyone who wants to take off the door panel......

the mach 460 speakers are really nice. i dont think they are worth replacing. if you do though,
on the front side of the panel...facing the front bumper when the door is closed, you cant see this when it is closed. there is a little plastic pin. pull it out. then go to the little handle w/ the window switches on it and notice how it has a little dip in the top of it. use something..careful not to scratch it. to pry it out. it should pop right out of the panel. then unscrew the switches that are connected to the piece you just took off. now there are 2 black screws right behind the piece you took off that help hold the panel on. unscrew the 2 screws and then lift up then out on the whole panel. because its your first time doin this it might take a little bit of pressure. to put it back on you have to line up all the little pins and push it on then down.

from a differnt thread..didnt feel like retyipng it.