General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

Default Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

Just some random road i found driving to hardys today and thought it would be kewl to take some pics with the sun falling.

car hasn't been cleaned in about 3 months and i just sprayed it down with just water at the car wash. spent 1 dollar cleaning it

Whats the deepest lobe sound i can get out of a GT? And what all new stuff will i need with a cam? Springs with the cam or can i use the stock ones and such? and whats a good spec cam that will make the deepest and most dragstrip warrior lobe possible?

Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

I'd worry more about what cam matches your setup than which one sounds the best. What good will it do if it sounds mean at idle, but runs like complete crap?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?

Car looks nice. But are your sidewalls totally stretched on those wheels? [&:] If you want a deep sound, FM super 40`s will sound real nice. As for cams. You can go with VT stage 1 cams without having to replace the valve springs. A tune is recommended but not necessary. Or you can go with stage 2`s but you will need valve springs and they will sound a little better but will need a tune for sure.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

Car looks nice. But are your sidewalls totally stretched on those wheels? [&:] If you want a deep sound, FM super 40`s will sound real nice. As for cams. You can go with VT stage 1 cams without having to replace the valve springs. A tune is recommended but not necessary. Or you can go with stage 2`s but you will need valve springs and they will sound a little better but will need a tune for sure.
na.. my tires are actually too small for my wheels. i got a 285 in the back.. the tireshop said it was the smallest they could put on it.. .and i didn't have alot of mney then.. so i went for 285.. cuz i couldn't afford 315's.

and then the front is 235's. i sorta want them skinnyer in the front.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Magiarn71

I'd worry more about what cam matches your setup than which one sounds the best. What good will it do if it sounds mean at idle, but runs like complete crap?
iam orginally a ricer... cuz i used to have a civic si and totaled it.. so iam never really racing again EVER....

so iam keeping my ricer theory... its prety simple.... the Meaner the car looks and the Meaner the car sounds.. the faster it goes. but in this case the meaner the car sounds will also give me a big boost in faster the car goes... so i guess its a dubble bonus... killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

satisfying the sound and power gain.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:30 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Poor Mustang....[sm=badidea.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 01:59 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT

ok?[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ARdoller

ok?[sm=dontgetit.gif]
ya me neither... cam is a good thing.. lol
Old 10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

I was talking about your "ricer" mind set with you driving a Mustang.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

I was talking about your "ricer" mind set with you driving a Mustang.
it hasn't failed me yet.. but of course i was the sleeper ricer when i had my civic SI

so far it hasn't looked to bad.... took out the grill.. the spoiler... all the emblems on the car, took off the anetenna... probly took off a few more things that i haven't mentioned. my car probly has more stuff removed on the car then me actually putting on.

Quick Reply: Some pics around my colllege and does anyone know how to install Cams on a GT?