General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Creaks and cracks in my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Default Creaks and cracks in my car

OK there are a lot of creaks and cracking sounds in my car. When I drive with my music off, it gets hella annoying. Everything is so loud! That mat stuff won't help, I already have it. But I know you guys wouldn't be able to help but i'm just saying.

The sources of the rattling: T-top where the t-top is in the car, theres rattling going on in there, and there is rattling on my driver side window because my window is messed up kinda because my door makes my window lose, and when I shut the door, the window hits first, pushes the window farther back into my door and makes it loose. THen the hatch. It creacks and cracks now for some reason I don't know.

But the windows don't hit my weather stipping on the t-top, and my window is rolled up all the way. How much would it be to take it to an expert to make it touch?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Poobs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Creaks and cracks in my car

The dealers that I worked for were bad at squeaks and rattles but that is just my opinion.... A good body shop may be able to help you. Show them what is wrong with your T top and door.

One of the problems with T tops is that by cutting out the roof they reduce the body stiffness.

One last thing to do is to weld some angle stock to the bottom to make the car stiffness.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Creaks and cracks in my car

Welding would be a fun job. But thats a little too hard for me. But How much would it be to bring to a dude that can fix it. Windows aren't my dads cup of tea so he doesn't want to attempt to fix it..