General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

somethin with the rear-end

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 AM
TheBob98GT
2nd Gear Member

Default somethin with the rear-end

hey guys bare with me on this one. i drive a 98 mustang gt and it currently has around 110k miles to it. im tryin to figure out why my passenger side sits about half inch or more higher than my driver side. if u look at the car from the back u can tell the car sits crooked on level pavement. the car has stock suspension except for tokico shocks/struts and eibach pro-kit springs. and also i dunno if what i just explained has anything to do with why my car bouces at slow city driving speeds. bounce i mean it feels like its got a flat tire when all tires check out at correct amount of psi. (bounce turns into vibration as speed increases) when in neutral and just coasting the car still bounces. when mashing on it the bounce goes away. it only does this when its cold. whats goin on here? am i just another lucky ford owner?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Default RE: somethin with the rear-end

If I where you I would start by checking that the springs are in the spring perches correctly. A lot of people just throw there new springs in and don't realize they have to go into the perches in the correct position. Also check to make sure that all the rubber isolators are either all there or all taken out. If you have one in one the Driver side and not one in on the Passenger side (or vis versa) it will make the car set funny.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: somethin with the rear-end

The springs and shocks ARE the suspension.
Bouncing is a symptom of improper shocks for the spring height.
Sagging is a symptom of improper spring installation or simply old age.Worn out control arm and swaybar bushings can also cause sagging but you should hear noises with that problem.