General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

thinking of buying a mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
APimpNamedSlickback

Default thinking of buying a mustang

hi,
i'm in the market for a new sports car and the new 07 mustang gt is on my list. right now my top cars are the 'stang gt, a 350Z, a wrx sti, a 2004 GTO and the new eclipse.
so my question is should i get the mustang. i'm looking for a car with alot of power. i want good horsepower and torque. something that can get off the line and go(i'll prlly be draggin' with it) so is the mustang good for this?

also i'm gonna be looking to mod my car. so if i get this mustang wat are some cheap but effective mods i can put on to increase handling, torque, and horsepower. i'm looking for things in the 200-400 price range nothing too expensive yet. right now i'm looking at some exhaust kits i could get as well as some other stuff. so any suggestions here would be good
Old 10-20-2006, 10:26 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: thinking of buying a mustang

OK, no eclipse, they suck. Even the 260hp ones, not so good. GTO, no. 350z is a good car. STI is a great car, fast, very easy and cheap to make rediculously fast. Mustang is american muscle. The only ones i would consider is the STI and the Mustang. Then its just which do you prefer. Id go mustang just cuz looks matter a lot to me, and i like v8's. STI's r nice though.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:59 PM
APimpNamedSlickback

yea i've pretty decided on a sti(which will be an 05 or 04) or a mustang since those are the two cheapest to mod from wat i've seen so far.
but i'm actually not all that knowledgable about modding so if you could enlighten me on the kinds of things i would do to a sti to make it "ridiculously fast" and about how much this would cost. and also if i go with the mustang wat are some of the first mod's i should get for it? i was thinking flowmasters but idk wat else to get to go with that. so any help here would be apreciated.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
BigBen09
1st Gear Member

mustang because it is new
Old 10-21-2006, 12:35 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

well if your looking at an 04 goat why not an 04 terminator
Old 10-21-2006, 01:31 AM
APimpNamedSlickback

well i just found a 03 mustang mach 1 does anyone know if these are any good? are the faster than the new gts? some of the specs on them would be cool to know too. its significantly less expensive than the new stangs(around 10,000 cheaper) and says to be in great condition. (there is also a 04 mach 1 for a tad bit more money). it also says it already has flows on it so thats a plus.

so any info on the mach 1s would be helpful thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 01:38 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: APimpNamedSlickback

well i just found a 03 mustang mach 1 does anyone know if these are any good? are the faster than the new gts? some of the specs on them would be cool to know too. its significantly less expensive than the new stangs(around 10,000 cheaper) and says to be in great condition. (there is also a 04 mach 1 for a tad bit more money). it also says it already has flows on it so thats a plus.

so any info on the mach 1s would be helpful thanks
machs run low 13s, so yes they are faster, plus they look a million times better, they are great, but if you serveraly beat on them you will have synchro issues in the tranny
Old 10-21-2006, 02:55 AM
BmX
1st Gear Member

mustang suck! Stay away from them. I know you seen the hilter video thats going around the net!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Since you're thinking of a strip car, the Mustang would definitely be the choice. The STi is fast, but with AWD, it will be very hard on clutches in the long run if you want hard launches.

The Mach I is a good platform, it's a little lighter than the new Stang. I would definitely look for an 03/04 Terminator. They come supercharged already, so one big mod is out of the way.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:36 PM
APimpNamedSlickback

thanks for all the help so far people.

so i'm not to familiar with a terminator? is this a nickname for a special type of mustang like the svt cobra or something like that or is it an actual car called a terminator?

Quick Reply: thinking of buying a mustang