MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   WHAT DO YOU THINK (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/201594-what-do-you-think.html)

MACH1MANIAC 11-04-2006 08:34 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK

Hey guys.. I jus bought and 03' Mach 1... And im pretty excited about adding some mods..Over the years i've saved up quite a bit and im lookin into investing into and hp twin turbo kit, and new custom turbo engine.. also includin a t-57 tranny.. the suspension with also be getting a nice makeover.. here are some of the details on the engine.. and i would jus like some ideas or suggestions from some fellow stang lovers....:D

4.6L FORGED COMPETITION STREET/STRIP FORGED SHORT BLOCK
Australian Block... Fully Prepped, de-burred and custom Honed for Chrome-faced ring set.
Cobra Forged Production Crankshaft & additional heat treat w/micro polished journals, shot-peened and magnafluxed
4340 ULTRA LIGHT FORGED I-Beam Rods with ARP 2000 cap screw bolts
Forged 2816 alloy pistons
Piston sides and tops are ceramic coated
Chrome faced combustion/top ring. Precision fit for the MACH 1.
Federal Mogul Competition series heat treated Rod and Main bearings
ARP main studs
COBRA HV Oil Pump with Steel Gears.
Professionally Assembled, Specification Checked and Balanced For Competition/Street Use

SXGT 11-04-2006 08:49 PM

RE: WHAT DO YOU THINK

I want a mach 1. this is what i woul do

Full Exhaust , 4.10 gears , suspeniosn upgrade , tuner , upgraded FI/pump.

the mach 1 mach makes 320hp stock , its already a BEAST. I think you should keep the stock engine and add bolt on.

If you wanted forged internals , you should have gotten an 03 Cobra.

MACH1MANIAC 11-04-2006 08:53 PM

YEA.. I SEE YOUR POINT... BUT THERE'S JUS SOMETHING ABOUT THE SHAKER HOOD AND MACH LOUVERS THAT ATTRACTED ME TO THE CAR.. PLUS THE PRICING ON THE COBRAS IN MY AREA JUS DIDNT FIT THE CARS... AND THE MACH 1 COMES WITH A STOCK 305HP...

JD1969 11-04-2006 09:20 PM

What do I think?......I think you should stop typing in all caps, it makes it hard to read your posts and you will get fewer answers.;) Welcome to the board though

MACH1MANIAC 11-04-2006 09:22 PM

Sorry bout that... Kinda new to this...:)

SXGT 11-04-2006 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: MACH1MANIAC

YEA.. I SEE YOUR POINT... BUT THERE'S JUS SOMETHING ABOUT THE SHAKER HOOD AND MACH LOUVERS THAT ATTRACTED ME TO THE CAR.. PLUS THE PRICING ON THE COBRAS IN MY AREA JUS DIDNT FIT THE CARS... AND THE MACH 1 COMES WITH A STOCK 305HP...

mach 1 is very underrated , it puts out 315 - 320

MACH1MANIAC 11-04-2006 09:59 PM

WELL AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY PUT OUT 305... BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG... AND NO ONES UNDERRATING THE CAR.. PERSONALLY I LOVE IT..

ponysnake99 11-05-2006 01:15 AM

dude, well from what i hear (and im looking at a hardcore short block build myself) you have some very good things goin...im asuming your keeping all dimensions of the borexstroke the same, which is good (personally id tell u to bore before you stroke because of the block characteristics)...couple that with some high flow FR500 or reworked heads with a f/i set up cam...your ready for any power your looking at...good choices

ps. if u could, whats so big bout the austrailian block? is that like a teksid or somethin?

gvervoren 11-05-2006 01:20 AM

I own a '04 DSG Mach and I am perfectly happy with it being stock. I know I am the minority here on this subject though because most people want to mod theirs. Mine will be worth more in the future though. LOL

SXGT 11-05-2006 02:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MACH1MANIAC

WELL AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY PUT OUT 305... BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG... AND NO ONES UNDERRATING THE CAR.. PERSONALLY I LOVE IT..

Ford underates cars a lot to keep down insurance price to boost sales.