MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   V6 converted 2 a GT???? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/202607-v6-converted-2-a-gt.html)

mustang_tuner 11-07-2006 03:26 AM

V6 converted 2 a GT????

i just got my 05 mustang a few days ago and there is alot im going to do 2 her but b 4 i start messing with the engine i would like to know if it is possible to take a GT mustang V8 engine and tranny and put it in the V6 model then change out the dash. or is it more complicated than that...would u have to change the axels also or is it completly not possible? plz sum 1 give me some answeres i am very curious. thanks.

ponysnake99 11-07-2006 03:52 AM

RE: V6 converted 2 a GT????

not to sure bout the dash, but i do know you'll have to get new motor mounts because your gettin a modular, in which case you could put a control freaks SLA to improve corning and instead of a questionable iron 4.6, you could put an aluminum Mach 1 engine or terminator cobra engine in there just as easy and the computer to control it, you would need a new tranny, might wanna just get a 03-04 cobra tranny, and regardless of what axle is in there you might just want to fortify it anyways to handle some abuse...but that particular mod shouldnt be too expensive

Overall...its possible, not very practical imo, but many basic parts are carried over...but while its out, you might as well go all out...good luck

dapack69 11-07-2006 05:25 AM

Being that you have an 05 I would just trade it in for a GT.

Always visit www.supersixmotorsports.com and get on of there engines, add a supercharger and blow GT's off the road.

amrcnidyot 11-07-2006 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: ponysnake99

not to sure bout the dash, but i do know you'll have to get new motor mounts because your gettin a modular, in which case you could put a control freaks SLA to improve corning and instead of a questionable iron 4.6, you could put an aluminum Mach 1 engine or terminator cobra engine in there just as easy and the computer to control it, you would need a new tranny, might wanna just get a 03-04 cobra tranny, and regardless of what axle is in there you might just want to fortify it anyways to handle some abuse...but that particular mod shouldnt be too expensive

Overall...its possible, not very practical imo, but many basic parts are carried over...but while its out, you might as well go all out...good luck
isnt there a law about not being able to put any engine that is older than your car in your car? maybe not but i thought so.

ponysnake99 11-07-2006 11:29 AM

that may be state to state...but i mean, if your going to go so extensive as to switch over everything to V8 standards while trying to keep the V6 body, you may just want to forget most laws and go all out...nor will u have a warrenty after the hiatus

Arrow 11-07-2006 03:07 PM

As it's been said already, you'd be better off selling the V6 and just getting a GT. It'd be loads cheaper and simpler...

bransdaman78 11-07-2006 03:42 PM

no your not better off gettting a GT by any means ... it will cheaper for you to do this swap if you are wanting to have a serious fast car... just when you do it - go ahead and put a built motor - built tranny and good suspension componets when you swap it all out - then you will have a sick stang - if you buy a GT - guess what - you have to junk that stuff anyway except you paid alot more already

building your own car - esp from a v-6 should always cheaper in the long and very very worth it

onegreedy 11-07-2006 04:20 PM

that may be state to state...but i mean, if your going to go so extensive as to switch over everything to V8 standards while trying to keep the V6 body, you may just want to forget most laws and go all out...nor will u have a warrenty after the hiatus
federal emissions law, you can only go forward in years not backwards,

also , there is no way you would want to do the swap , money and time involved is increadible

your looking at easily 10,000 for the swap and for that you can sell your can or trade it in and get the gt

ponysnake99 11-07-2006 04:34 PM

grr...federal standards[:@][sm=shootshoot.gif]

onegreedy 11-07-2006 05:38 PM

grr...federal standards[:@][sm=shootshoot.gif]
Hey is the guy in your avitar the new f & f driver he looks kinda like a ricer