MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   What suspention set up would benefit my 98 gt the most? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/20781-what-suspention-set-up-would-benefit-my-98-gt-the-most.html)

Stangsational 08-21-2004 04:18 PM

What suspention set up would benefit my 98 gt the most?

Hey everyone, Not too long ago i realized i have a nasty sqweak comin from the passanger side. To be honest im not too sure where its comin from but im pretty sure it has to do with my suspention. So now im not sure what i should do to improve my cars performance. Please help me out. I need to know what package would run me every cheap and along with that benefit me and get rid of the sqweak.

Thank you,
Denis

matthockey32 08-21-2004 05:20 PM

RE: What suspention set up would benefit my 98 gt the most?

almost all mustangs have that squeak. it is the control arm bushings. get better bushings and there will be less squeak. mine squeaks every time i hit the gas or brake.

Stangsational 08-21-2004 09:01 PM

same here i thought i was the only one with this problem :D

I dunno i was thinking of replacing my shocks aswell. What would be the best setup.

matthockey32 08-22-2004 01:41 AM

i am going with coil-overs so i can drop around the 19x9.5 falken koblenz wheels i just ordered. for shocks go with tokico, they are badass. for springs go with eibach.

ParrotHead 08-22-2004 05:08 AM

IM going with coil overs as well. I have a squeak and a klunk in the front end so I know that im due for bushings. Might as well go all the way and get some performance parts.

Mustang88LXKid 08-22-2004 07:45 PM

with Coil Overs your gonna need proffessionals to do them or you do them and have them checked out...many times when people do coil overs themselves there car is worse then it was with stock springs...

callmecobra 08-24-2004 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: matthockey32

i am going with coil-overs so i can drop around the 19x9.5 falken koblenz wheels i just ordered. for shocks go with tokico, they are badass. for springs go with eibach.
damn send some pics of that dude

matthockey32 08-25-2004 12:27 AM

i don't have the wheels or the coil-overs yet. it might be awhile the wheels are on backorder. but i will post a pic if i can figure out how. i don't have a scanner or a digital camera.

deesgt 09-17-2004 01:39 PM

those are gorgeous wheels, man. I fell in love with them and have been considering the 18's for my 96gt...they sorta remind me of the 03 Cobra wheels.