General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Help Another problem acurred?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 02:50 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Help Another problem acurred?

It been about 3 weeks now since I replaced the rear end upper and lower arm bushings. I was getting really bad movement from a ripped stock bushing. I replaced all the bushings, Now I am getting viberation around 15mph to 35 mph from a take off slow or fast from a light and thing is a can feel the viberation through my steering colum. at those speeds, I having a guess it could be my motor mounts? anything pasted 35mph its all smooth.

any Idea's?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:03 PM
matthockey32
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need Help Another problem acurred?

i would say it is not the motor mounts. they usually cause RPM related vibration. could be the steering rack bushing are shot as well. other than that i don't know
Old 08-31-2004, 05:03 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

I just replaced the rack and pinion 2 years ago new lines and bushings.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:10 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Did this happen right after the rear work was done? I don't see this being related to that...
Old 08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
92BOOSTED
3rd Gear Member

Check your drive shaft bolts and make sure they are tight.
I noticed a vibration in my car between 140 to 160mph.lol
I drove that fast,felt the vibration and when i checked it,the bolts were loose as hell.I got lucky.

Rye
Old 09-01-2004, 04:07 AM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

No mdvaldosta, rear was completely rebuilt, No problems with the rear end, So far my motor mounts are some what old, Tranny mount maybe old,
Everything is tight in the rear end shaft is tight too. No gear noise whats so ever in the rear end. I was told that a balljoint could cause the steering colum to viberate, Last time I remember when a ball joint was shot, You would get youre one of youre front tires would hop around at high speeds. Doing 65 mph on the freeway no viberations at all just when I take off at a stop light. once I am passed 25-35 mph no shake in the steering colum. Not sure?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:22 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: e40water

It been about 3 weeks now since I replaced the rear end upper and lower arm bushings. I was getting really bad movement from a ripped stock bushing. I replaced all the bushings, Now I am getting viberation around 15mph to 35 mph from a take off slow or fast from a light and thing is a can feel the viberation through my steering colum. at those speeds, I having a guess it could be my motor mounts? anything pasted 35mph its all smooth.

any Idea's?
When I first installed the shorty headers on mine, the bottom of one pipe would barely touch the steering shaft at idle and vibrate but it would go away as soon as the engine torqued up just a bit and moved the header pipe up off the shaft. you might look to see what could be hitting the engine when is is twisted just a bit under a load and find your source of the vibration. also, what gears are you in when you feel the vibration? does it stop when you go to the next gear? if so, it could be gear related in the tranny.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:07 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

Ive got 3 speed auto with shift kit, On sihft points they are all good and strong, no slipping from 1 / 2 / 3, I am stumped, Not sure what it could be, I might have to run it up to my buddies shop and get him to take a peek at it.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:16 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

how long have you had the 3 speed auto? was recently installed? did you match the flexplate balance weight with the engine? both should be 50 oz. on the later 5.0's. are all the fasteners for the pulleys on the front of the engine tight including the crank balancer nut and main crank pulley?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:09 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

Yes 4 months ago I replaced the flexplate balance weight with the engine. I checked all pulleys on the front of the engine tight including the crank balancer nut and main crank pulley. they are all tight. drive belt is at right tension. any other idea's

Quick Reply: Need Help Another problem acurred?