General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Dyno, but A/F is a bit Lean....

Old 09-09-2004, 08:31 PM
edarre

Default Dyno, but A/F is a bit Lean....

Hey guys, I recently dynoed my car and these are the numbers it put up and the air fuel ratio was a little bit lean. I am thinking about getting the Diablo Predator and some hight flow cats because I have a bassani x-pipe w/o cats. Let me know what I can do to drop my A/F ratio. And can someone from So-CAL let me know if there are any good Mustang shops that know their stuff and that can tune my car.

Thanks guys,[sm=smiley16.gif]
ED

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...1dynosheet.jpg
Old 09-09-2004, 10:45 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Dyno, but A/F is a bit Lean....

first did you ever reset your puter after the mods?...it looks good except for the 2-2500rpm..a plug change might help..or something a miss with the dyno..a pms system might be right for you a lil pricey but if you plan on adding more mods then it's worth it and even you can find great like new used ones in the700.00 range
Old 09-09-2004, 10:51 PM
edarre

Thanks. I really haven't reseted the computer on it and if I am going to do that, how would I be able to do that. Or would a chip of some sort of tuner be good also.
Thanks again.[sm=smiley16.gif]
Old 09-09-2004, 11:14 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

pull the neg battery wires off for about 10 mins then put it back on....does this car hisatate any? also I'm think that maybe there is some oil residue on your maf from the k/n filter..might want to clean it
Old 09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
edarre

The car does not hesitate at all and I just recently put the kn filter on Sunday. But I will try to disconnect the battery though, thanks.[sm=smiley16.gif]
Old 09-10-2004, 12:59 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Dude that a/f is way to lean. You need to be back to around 13, those spikes up above 6k to 15 isn't good. Their more power to be had by getting the a/f down and if your not already detonating then you gotta have some timing pulled. Get the a/f down and put some more timing in the car and I bet you'd see another 10 hp.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You will want to fix your lean condition before you go cat-less.....

Going cat-less will only make the problem worse.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:27 AM
edarre

Yeah, my numbers were up and it definitely needs to be tuned, but I noticed that me and some other guy that had a SS camaro with Nos were putting up numbers that were way lean and I mean the guy with the camaro had a a/f ratio at about the same and with the nos it jumped up to about 18 and when I saw that I knew that there must have been something wrong with the a/f ratio that the dyno was showing. But my car has no cats and do you think that putting on some cats will help it out or maybe putting some bigger injectors.
Thanks.[&:]
Old 09-10-2004, 01:32 AM
edarre

My Bassani x-pipe has no cats, but I am thinking about having some hi-flo cats welded onto them.That
should fix the A/F ratio a little...right. I am also thinking about buying the Diablosport Predator that way I
can get my car Dyno-tuned.[8D]
Old 09-10-2004, 07:53 AM
92BOOSTED
3rd Gear Member

You should ask how much it would cost you to have it dyno tuned(custom program) for your combination..
You will get the best performance with that.

Rye

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno, but A/F is a bit Lean....