MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Condesation in Tail and Headlights (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/22456-condesation-in-tail-and-headlights.html)

Leadfoot 09-18-2004 04:00 PM

Condesation in Tail and Headlights

I am still looking for a car and am getting great education in the process. LOL!!! These salespeople aren't going to take advantage of me!!!

Almost every car that I have looked at has condensation INSIDE either a taillight or headlight. The years range from '94-03's.

I stopped in at a Ford dealership to look at a 2003. I mentioned this to a salesperson and he said that he noticed it too. He also said that is one of the things Ford is working on. He said it is fixable in the service department.

I sure would like to understand why they aren't sealed properly from the beginning. Should I let my husband attempt to caulk our car's lights if this happens with mine.

1381StangGT 09-18-2004 04:53 PM

RE: Condesation in Tail and Headlights

I recently noticed that in my 03'. It hadn't happened before the last few days. I gotta take it back for service.

Leadfoot 09-18-2004 05:07 PM

I appreciate your posting. Sure is interesting that so many vehicles have the same problem.

I hope you ask the service person why this is occuring so frequently and let us all know the response.[sm=thanx.gif]

BTW, you wouldn't be from the South and affected by either hurricane that hit us would you? I wonder if this is a reason?

Obsol3te 09-18-2004 05:12 PM

Well, what I did to fix mine
First remove the headlight entirely
Grab a rag or somethng and clean up all the water inside of it
Locate the crack
and just use some clear RTV sealant all around it
Havn't had the problem since

1381StangGT 09-18-2004 05:22 PM

BTW, you wouldn't be from the South and affected by either hurricane that hit us would you? I wonder if this is a reason?
Actually, yes I am in New Orleans but I noticed the condensation prior to the hurricane. I think it came from the high pressure car wash. The high pressure wash also causes my passenger window to leak near the front rubber.

Acer2428 09-19-2004 01:01 AM

Yeah, mine was like that when I bought it... I made Ford give me a new assembly...no problems since..

1381StangGT 09-19-2004 03:18 AM

I made Ford give me a new assembly...no problems since..
I assume you mean the headlight not the window?

Acer2428 09-19-2004 04:27 AM

Nah, the tail light assembly...

Also, when i was my car, I get condensation on the inside around the seal in the back and right by the mach speakers on the door.... weird...

xgmowner 09-19-2004 08:19 PM

Same thing happened to me in my old Grand Prix, both headlights and tail lights....clear marine grade sealant you can buy at Walmart fixes it easily, and it's not noticeable. Just use a small thin bead around all the assemblies, and it'll work wonderfully. Hadn't had any problems with them afterwards.

Dave.

e40water 09-19-2004 08:30 PM

Ive got the condensation thing is my 83 stang of course, in my head lights, And small amount in my tail lights. I just used some RTV sealant as well to cure that problem.