General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What do I need to add ABS to my SN95?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:10 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What do I need to add ABS to my SN95?

Technology kicks @$$ !!!

This has been done.
Here is a site which covers some of the conversion on a Fox Mustang...
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/

If you guys haven't book marked that site, do so now.
There is a tonof great info there, from some very smart dudes...

jason
Old 02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What do I need to add ABS to my SN95?

Thank you all for all the comments on this topic.

As most of you know the build of this car isnt going to be light in any sense. Just about every single peice of this car is being converted to 02+ model standards including wiring and most items performance related. The suspension that I have chosen to go with will be a MM Grip in a box set for multi purpose mustangs. At that point I am heavily concidering an adjustable Tein shock setup since the car will be converted over to coil over all the way around, it will be expensive but what isnt for our hobby.

The EEC has to be changed too I think when it comes to an ABS setup and since I have to change over to an 03' Mach1 EEC that is already taken care of, all I really need from there is the hardware, all the wiring to the back of the car is already there. The 8.8" that I have is already set up for ABS and the front end that I have off of that mach1 is also set up for ABS. But the problem between the two is that the two systems are differnet, but the fortunate thing is that pressure is pressure and both with take the newer ABS system.

So from there I am down to metering blocks, the modual, the lines, the booster and cylinder and a few other key parts.

I wont need a whole donar car to do this but it is going to be a lot of things that I will need.

I am just more concerned if I should go the extra step and complete the ABS conversion or leave it without, it is extra cost and time and I wanted to know how much better my lap times would be. I have gotten mixed idea's but for the most part people are saying that ABS is not really needed (Which is what I feel mostly) and skill comes into play more.

All of the cars that I have owned with the exception of my truck have not had ABS and I have never had a problem with it at all at any time, infact I think I have had more problems with my truck than any without.

Unless I come across a good deal on a lot of parts from an 02+ model I think I will not complete the conversion, it doesnt seem like a needed performance item.

I would also like to say sorry for the double post, I meant the other one to just be a pole but I forgot that you can also make a topic out of it too, so pole your idea there

Thanks again everyone, and if you have anymore info like that website I would very much like to have it.

-Eric-