MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Control arms (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/24478-control-arms.html)

beezy 10-21-2004 04:38 AM

Control arms

I was told to invest in some upper and lower control arms to help get better traction and not kick sideways as much. WHat else should I do in addition to this? I won't be drag racing much and probally not autocross at all. So I am looking for a set up that handles well on the street but won't kill my 1/4mile time.

I was thinking the upper and lower control arms and springs and struts for now, I now lowering the car will hurt my time alittle. Anything else you would recommend doing first or along with these?

cammedlx 10-21-2004 07:21 AM

RE: Control arms

the control arms won't help your car from getting sideways LMAO but they will help get rid of wheel hop which will help your car hook up better and if i was you i would get some full lentgh weld in subframe connectors;)

beezy 10-21-2004 06:33 PM

Sub frame connectors just stiffeen up the chassis more?

fastmustangs1 10-22-2004 12:46 AM

Get a set of Drag race lower control arms. Also struts and shocks in drag race Lakewood 90/10 shocks. And diffinately you will need full-length subframe connectors they help the suspension work better and stiffens up the chassis. Also get a set of gears. Like 3.73's or 4.10's this will make you go faster in the quarter.

Matt 2001 modded V6. Good Luck

fastmustangs1 10-22-2004 12:48 AM

maximum motorsports are the best suspension products in the market.

Matt

mdvaldosta 10-22-2004 12:52 AM

the upper control arms will help keep the car straight on launch, the lowers will improve traction and help eliminate wheelhop

beezy 10-23-2004 09:53 PM

How difficult is the install on control arms?

mdvaldosta 10-23-2004 09:57 PM

8 bolts total to replace all 4 control arms :eek:

beezy 10-23-2004 11:11 PM

Do you have any suspension done MD? If I remember you said you had springs (could be wrong), you have anything else?

If this is my daily driver how bad would those drag race Lakewood 90/10 shocks be on the street?

What started this topic is when I emailed Steeda about wether or not i could fit 305/35/18 Nitto 555rs on my steeda ultra lites (18x9) and basically he asked if i had control arms done to help plant the power to the big tires I wanted in the rear. I said no and he said I should look into it so I just wanted some suggestions as to anything else I should along with control arms.

Will I notice a decent difference with the sub frame connectors?

cammedlx 10-25-2004 03:20 AM

they will stiffen your car up alot, and if you plan on lauching with slick's i would highly recommend them.