General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mustang In the Snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Veloper

Default RE: Mustang In the Snow

ORIGINAL: brando5.0

I would definately buy a beater. I live in western Wisconsin, and it is bad enough driving around here. Some parts of michigan get a heck of a lot more snow than here. If its not in your budget for a beater, i would definately get some snow tires. By what I've seen, the bridgestone blizzaks are some nice tires. Also, adding weight to the rear will help, but dont overload it. Too much weight in the rear will give you good rear traction, but it will take the weight off of the front tires somewhat, and can make steering worse.
Hey thanks everyone but, how many bags do you think I should put in the trunk? BTW thx to everyone that's posted so far, it's helped a ton, anyone know where i could get some cheap winter tires?

VELOPER
Old 12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
STKClutch
2nd Gear Member

Yeah just buy a beater for $500 thats what i plan on doing
Old 12-09-2004, 05:53 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

buy a beater i mean it would cost a little more than tires and weight for the back...and you can use it next year...i like the saying buy a beater save a stang...should be...buy an import save a stang...lol..only for winter of course
Old 12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, get a beater. Why subject you stang to the winter? I know a lot of people are forced to do it, not only finiacially but because of parking space, so if you are drive careful enough. I drive my 93 Bronco with the same Ford Traction-loc rear end as a stang and have test driven a mustang at work when it was snowy...that's a day and night difference. What you could also do to help is keep the tank full as it's back there far enough and every week put a couple bucks in for gas. It'd be the same thing as running it empty and just throwing enough gas in it to keep it from going dry, but it's that initial invesment in gasoline you have to take a hit on, I know. Plus it keeps the fuel pump cooler, I guess. But in the winter, I'm sure it's cold enough as it is.