General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AGAIN I AM A ****ING LUCKY BASTARD

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 12:34 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default AGAIN I AM A ****ING LUCKY BASTARD

ok well today i come into my drive way and put my car in reverse to back it into my spot and i press the brakes..knida of hard but nothing bad or even close..and then the pedal goes all the way to the floor...the line for the front left tire gave out...theres a ****ing hole in it...this car is ****ing pissing me off...i hate it so ****ing much...sry to say i did buy it for 700 dollars so its my fault but it is my first car and i didn't think this much was wrong with it...i mean i didn't htink it would fall apart as i drove it...so i'm giving it a paint job in the summer...making it safe to drive and make sure it runs good and selling the ****er....i'm buying a ford ranger or a newer mustang or the same thing but in way better condition and i am going to give the ****er a 148 point inspection...lol...
Old 12-09-2004, 01:20 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: AGAIN I AM A ****ING LUCKY BASTARD

That sucks. Atleast you wasnt cruising fast down the road and had to come to an immediate stop. There is a bright side to everything.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:23 AM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

brakes went out in my 91 chevy silverado when I was goin 30, i down shifted an coasted into my yard up a little bank, rolled back down a made turns till it stopped, it was scary as ****. good thing you were hardly moving
Old 12-09-2004, 01:26 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I have never really had a brake problem but I always contemplate little situations like such so I think im always ready.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:13 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

yea that was scary....had my girl friend in the car...good thing..i mean i would be ready...but like i said i'm selling it as soon sas i ca in the summer after i fix it up and make it a lot better....i just need the body to be fixed and painted which i'm going to do and the interior needs to be cleaned...
Old 12-09-2004, 12:33 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

don't just replace the one bad brake hose, get the other one up front and the one at the rear too. if one has rotted, the others aren't far behind.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Hahaha... E-BRAKE!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:50 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

acually from the middle of my car back the brake lines are brand new i put the in and the ones going from the engine bay into the body on the righ tside of the car are good...but from there till the get to the back i don't know...
Old 12-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

You indicate you are going to paint this car and fix it up to sell. Are you going to be ahead financially?

If not, sell the car as it is and be upfront about everything. There are plenty of people who are willing to pay a reasonable price for a project car.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Like leadfoot said...

Remember, you'll only recover what you've invested by pure luck, so don't ever count on getting more than $700 for that car unless you restore it. It'd be smarter to sell it now than to spend anymore money on it.

Quick Reply: AGAIN I AM A ****ING LUCKY BASTARD