General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wats an SVT RANGER?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 02:58 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Default Wats an SVT RANGER?

ne one ever hear of one? i guess i have one in my town, black ranger with two silver racing stripes an euro tail lights, manual, stock exauhst from a ranger im guessing, ne ides on what exatly it is or has under the hood, or how long they made em? nbe info would be awesome guys
Old 12-16-2004, 03:10 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wats an SVT RANGER?

i dont think there was ever an svt ranger
Old 12-16-2004, 04:15 AM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

I've never heard of SVT ever making a ranger, guy prolly put stripes and badges on.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:55 AM
mustangjoe87

SVT never made a production ranger but they did make concepts. ford racing always brings the "thunderbolt" to our local car shows in the summer is an 03 sonic blue ranger with a lightning drivetrain its NICE they should produce it no other truck would touch it at that power to weight ratio.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:10 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

i saw that concept thunderbolt in a magazine one time. it was bad ***. the srt-10 wouldnt have a chance against that little truck. it was pretty much lightning with a ranger body.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:38 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

They never made SVT Rangers but the did lightnings. Ford did make a Ranger "Splash" which was their souped up version but wasn't all that.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Ford did make the splash, which was a 2WD piece of junk. they are currently making the "thunderbolt" Its a 4.0, 2wd, limited slip, hood scoop, manual ( if you please) wing on back. There are 3 of them at my dealership. They are junk. lol. I remember a lil while back when MM&FF put a ranger in the mag, that had a SVT powertrain in it. Also SVT performance's web-site has a souped up ranger. I had a 89 ranger with a 5.0 in it for a while. It was not very bad. lol. But i got rid of it and went stright 5.0 FOX. Now i have my SN-95.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:10 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

yea i saw it again, i know where the guy lives but have no idea who drives it, it says SVT on the fender emblems, so im not really sure, LOL should i break the news to this guy that its not an actual SVT and he got ripped off or do u htink he would b "Kool" enough to make it look like an SVT? o and ive seen those spalshes u talk about, looks like a regular ranger, maybe a little bit lower, but nothing special, and they look ugly as heck with those decals i c on em, that look like water splahed on it, ugly
Old 12-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

just mess with him asking about the superchargers that come stock on those svt rangers. 9 times out of 10, assclowns like that will take the bait and go on and on about **** like that...then you inform him that there is no svt ranger and how big of an assclown he is by just turning around and laughing
Old 12-19-2004, 02:41 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

not that i didnt doubt u guys, but i decided to search the internet for a cpl hours tonight and yea, absolutely nothing on an "SVT Ranger" lol, yea thats kinda interesting, i ont thing i could ever do that, something that stupid, O man, maybe i can pull it off with our windstar, im going to make anbd SVT Windstar, anyone want to join my club?

Quick Reply: Wats an SVT RANGER?