General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question on warranty and a SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:04 AM
GT_Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default Question on warranty and a SUPERCHARGER

first ill tell you my warranty question.I straight piped my car i have an 07 gt.Did i lose all my warranty or does ford just not cover my headers?also i ran into someone on the street he says he had a 89 mustang and it was stolen and crashed so he removfed some parts.He had his supercharger with him he says he had a 4.6L put in his mustang.He says it will fit on my car.Says its the bullit mustang or bullit cobra supercharger.I asked what would i need to install this he says just some hoses to connect everything.He wants 500 bucks for it.I dont know much about superchargers so i wanted to know if i should buy this supercharger? It looks like the 03 cobra s/c.Will it fit my car?Also I wanted to know will the 03 cobra supercharger fit my car and do i need any different parts for it to work on my car? He spun the pulley showed me everything works but how can i make sure everything works? Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
corvetteguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question on warranty and a SUPERCHARGER

If I was a dealer and a car came in with motor damage
and I saw ANY engine modification, you bet my lawyers
would say the warrantee is void.
If the pulley turns on the charger, it does not mean it
will not vibrate apart at operating speed. However,
sometimes you can walk into a great deal. It depends
on your conversations with him. Sometimes
you can also walk into something else.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

There's too many variables here.At face value,I say it's a scam.

If you can get some real verifiable part numbers you could post them here and maybe someone with experience can help.Calling the manufacturer with the same part numbers would probably be even more accurate.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

The 03/04 M112 Eaton will not fit on your car. That S/C is made for the 4v set up on the Cobra, while your car is a 3v. You would need some modification to make it fit, in the end it will not be worth it. The ONLY SC that has a warranty for the 05+ cars is the Roushcharger from Roush. But then again it is not the absolute best SC to go with, but it does perform well and has the perk of the warranty. Double check with your local dealer before you get the SC. They are supposed to honor it, but I have heard many many many stories about dealerships being huge d**ks about warranty work and it takes many many phone calls to higher-ups at Ford and lots of patients to get the work done in the end. I came across this thread in the 05+ section the other day about a Roushcharger sale. https://mustangforums.com/m_3314095/tm.htm